Geeenwood Nursery

newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)April 26, 2004

Has anyone ordered from Greenwood Nursery web address below??

www.greenwoodnursery.com

They have a discounted price if you become a member of their site, sign up is free. Shipping is also free is you order over $50.00 in plants but the way the prices are set up at $24.95 for the item I was looking at then two put you just under the minium for shipping and you pay anyway. I am always suspicious of gimicks. They claim to be a big grower for themselves and other mailorder places. Big can be good or very, very bad.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silverdollar(z8 La)

I ordered from them last summer and was pleased with my ferns. I ordered 3 bare root and received 10 nice plants. They were nice sized too. Seems they only sell flowers in Spring and just trees the rest of the year. Oh, I got the discount when I signed up and ordered!

Bookmark   April 28, 2004 at 11:00AM
Pterostyrax(8a)

I ordered the new Rutgers Kousa hybrid 'Venus', 'Alba' redbud, and a number of creeping phlox. I was concerned with the dogwood and redbud as they were severely root pruned, and sent the owner an e-mail about it. We agreed to wait to see what happened. Well, the redbud has put out a few leaves, but the dogwood doesn't even have any buds on it yet.

I sent him an e-mail about the lack of budding on the dogwood, and he called me long distance and we had about a 15 minute discussion concerning the dogwood and all sorts of other things (he loves his plants). Bottom line, I was very pleasantly surprised at his genuine interest as to how the plants ordered from his nursery were performing. I sent him several photos of the two trees and he will be getting back to me.

Bookmark   May 6, 2004 at 4:41PM
Pterostyrax(8a)

An update. Steve sent me a new 'Venus' dogwood that is much bigger and fuller than the one I first received. Class act.

Bookmark   May 13, 2004 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
Shampoo Ginger Awapuhi
Does anyone know a good source that I can get Shampoo...
bobvisaaa
Noir de Bourgogne currant
Does anyone know where I can get Noir de Bourgogne...
deansfba
Mint and Sage
Hi, my name is Callum and I go to school in Point Loma...
CallumSchool
what is my easter lilly doing?
I rescued this Easter lilly last year when a co worker...
RobinLynn42
Ordering from Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net)
Beware of this company. I have a very bad experience...
oraclexml
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™