Brave New World

inkognitoJuly 12, 2012

Here is my throw away thread (TAT) for today:

Money for scientific research is hard to find except in one area

(A) program, called Neurotechnology for Intelligence Analysts, or NIA, is just one of many being pursued by Darpa, as the agency is known, to translate basic neuroscience research into tools that will make the military more able and efficient. Other projects Darpa finances include one to test whether sending electricity through the brain can accelerate learning; another that seeks to use psychology and neuroscience to understand which types of communication best convince those living in occupied lands that they should yield to American forces, a sort of Propaganda 2.0; and a project aimed at developing drugs that would reduce or erase traumatic memories."

Here is a link that might be useful: use your brain

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Hmm, reminds me of the those old LSD experiments conducted by the military and the CIA...

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 8:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jodik_gw

More control experiments... great. Just what the US should spend money on during a time of other more important problems... I say with tired sarcasm. It all gets to be a little much when you look at the larger picture.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 8:54AM
More Discussions
Indecent Exposure
Rep. David Moore on Tuesday introduced House Bill 365...
labrea_gw
Not a Kodak Moment for Idaho Legislator
Makes you wonder why they keep trying. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/23/1366371/-Idaho-Republican-to-doctor-Can-a-woman-swallow-a-camera-for-a-pregnancy-exam-w-audio...
duluthinbloomz4
France warns Russia
France Warns Russia And Its Allies Not To Advance On...
momj47
Right Wing Nut Job David Barton
Does not believe there will be a vaccine for HIV because...
labrea_gw
This made me cry. So beautiful.
Jacob is beautiful. Wonderful letter, please read. Happy...
enmc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™