lycoris source?

castorpFebruary 7, 2007

Does anyone know of a good reliable mail order source for a variety of lycoris? I've found several sites with the red hurricane lily, but I'd like to order yellows too, along with surprise lilies and others. The only site I've come across so far that has all of those is Brent and Becky's bulbs. Has anyone tried it? Does anyone have another suggestion? I'm ordering A LOT of bulbs, so I want to be as sure as possible the company is reliable. Gardenwatchdog gives Brent and Becky's pretty good but not perfect reviews.

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
callijo(z8NC)

You might try www.terraceiafarms.com . They're a family-run operation that I've had very good experiences with over the years.

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 12:27PM
castorp

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to be ordering from them other types of bulbs, but when I click on Lycoris on their on-line catalog, nothing comes up.

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 2:05PM
callijo(z8NC)

Hmmm...they usually carry the red and white lycoris radiata (spider lily or "naked ladies" as we call them here). You might want to ask them about it by phone or email; it may just not be the right shipping time for lycoris, but it never hurts to ask!

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
Rooting Lantana?
I've had success rooting many things, but not sure...
msjacki
Leggy Aspidistra
I have large Aspidistras that sat for several years...
pbatlanta1
privacy screen HELP!
My lovely country/cottage garden style yard and porch...
inbloominalabama
Retail Garden Center Dall./Ft.Worth area??
Hi all. I'm new to this area of the site and I hope...
leelee7
what does not (won't) grow in the south
This post is for FUTURE reference. I live in northern...
kawaiineko_gardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™