Flat Grey Stones for Dry Stone Bed

Mary_ElizabethAugust 10, 2012

Hello! I am looking for stones for a dry stream bed for our client's home in Connecticut. My boss saw the larger stones in the photograph shown here, in a little garden outside an apartment house on Central Park South. She would like to get similar flat(ish), grey stones for the dry stream bed. She says that the stone is around 7" - 8" long. I would love to know where we could purchase these in the NYC, Westchester, CT, or even Long Island area. We need enough for 300 sq feet.

Thank you so much for any ideas you have.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I call this type of stone river rollers, river jacks, or river stone. Normally you find them in mixed colors. Perhaps you can call some quarries and ask. It may be a good idea to know if water will ever flow in that creek bed at some point. If so, will the rocks be heavy enough to withstand the water without being dislodged ?

Construction supply places may also stock them.

Here is a link that might be useful: river jack stones

    Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 8:36AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Sourcing Fragrant Abelia
I've been having a very tough time trying to source...
Viola banksii- Baby Blue
Still looking. A kind person sent seed, at great expense,...
Organic or Not?
I'm in Long Island New York, with a couple of feet...
Has anyone ordered from Burgess Seed & Plant Co.?
I just got their catalog and for someone like me who...
Territorial Seed Company
Does anyone have personal experience with Territorial...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™