Korean Rose Gold, or Black, Pussy Willows?

GibsonGirlNovember 21, 2003

This is probably my last desperate effort to locate a source for the "Korean rose-gold pussy willow". No clue as to the botanical name and Google turns up nothing relevant. I read about this shrub years ago and have never been able to find a source for it.

Failing that, how about Salix melanostachys, the Black pussy willow? I used to see that in catalogs but haven't at all recently. (Forestfarm's shipping is way too expensive for me here on the East coast)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julia(z8a)

Arbor Village sells a variegated Rose Gold Pussy Willow. Aroowhead Alpines sellls what I think is the same thing labeled 'French Pink' and the Black.

Bookmark   November 22, 2003 at 12:39AM
GibsonGirl

Thanks, Julia! Would Arbor Village be the same as 'Arbor Village Farm Nursery' in Holt, MO? I did a Google for "Arbor Village Nursery" and that is the only relevant result that came up. They don't have a web site but if it is the same place as you mentioned, I will write asking for a copy of their catalog.

Bookmark   November 22, 2003 at 11:49AM
julia(z8a)

It is indeed Arbor Village Farm Nursery in Holt, MO. They have a brand new web site after being in snail mail only for years. I have gotten wonderful plants from this source.

Here is a link that might be useful: Arbor Village

Bookmark   November 24, 2003 at 11:49PM
justnakenny(z9bCA)

You could also try www.worldplants.com and having them do a free search for you. They even tell you places that are close to you, where you can buy it. Happy gardening justnakenny@highstream.com

Bookmark   November 27, 2003 at 12:29AM
More Discussions
Crape Myrtles: Buyer Beware
For anyone remotely considering placing an order with...
Ann_L
Planning Your Summer Garden: Food Crops
There are a number of delicious food crops you can...
lindsay0419
Sourcing Fragrant Abelia
I've been having a very tough time trying to source...
sheislaura
Source for purchasing mature 12 foot trees
I just built a new home in Rehoboth and for mitigaation...
aileenm
Arizonapottery.com
Has anyone ever used Arizonapottery.com? Yay or nay...
Klebehj11
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™