Looking for Yellow Elder

PabbaLouDecember 6, 2004

Hi folks, I am looking for a Yellow Elder plant. I live in Jacksonville, Fl, and am not much of a gardener, so I thought I would go to the experts, I am hoping y'all can help.

My wife is dying of cancer, and I would like to have a potted Yellow Elder to brighten up the living room, where she is bed-ridden. The Yellow Elder is the national flower of the Bahamas, and we use to vacation there annually.

If someone has an "extra" one of these plants, or knows where I can get one, I would be most grateful, Thank You

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

I'm not sure I've guessed the right plant. Tecoma stans is sometimes called Yellow Alder; could that be what you're looking for? Yucca Do Nursery has a nice selected variety of Tecoma stans with a picture which might help you decide if it's what you want. When my dad was dying of cancer I got him an amaryllis and he really enjoyed watching that bud come up out of the bulb and stretch to become a flower. It might be late to find one, but flowers are very therapeutic I think. My deepest sympathy for you and your wife.

Bookmark   January 12, 2005 at 8:35PM
More Discussions
Bay Area (CA) Source for Peeler Cores
I am searching high and low for peeler cores (a mis-used...
mdbrown
EquitorialExotics From Austalia
I've been chatted with a Chris and he suddenly said...
ThatAdeniumGuy
Territorial Seed Company
Does anyone have personal experience with Territorial...
ilovegardening
Watering wands
Hi folks, I'm hoping someone can recommend or direct...
ging
Has anyone ordered from Burgess Seed & Plant Co.?
I just got their catalog and for someone like me who...
Gemila
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™