Moss

cabiApril 5, 2008

Moss Help!! I have a beautiful moss rock garden that was recently overrun by weeds (too many to pull out). Is there a way to kill the weeds and keep the moss?

THANK YOU!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncdirtdigger(7b)

You'll need some rubber gloves, a cotton glove and round up. Put on the rubber glove, cover with a cotton glove and wet the cotton glove with round up. Rub the leaves of the weeds with the gloved hand, keeping it away from the moss.

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 10:07AM
jeff_al

i thought roundup brand herbicide (glyphosate active chemical) does not affect moss?
if you wanted to try that by spraying a small area, would save you some time, in my opinion, instead of using the technique posted above.

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 4:44PM
bunnyvac6000

Why does spanish moss grow on some trees and not others? For instance my Live Oaks, Chestnut Oaks and Crepe Myrtles are covered in the stuff but my hickories hardly have any, even though they are growing right next to each other. Don't think it's scaliness of bark because though hickories do have smoother bark than the oaks, Crepe Mytle bark is even smoother. I'm not trying to get rid of the moss, I'm just curious.

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 10:02PM
More Discussions
Crepe Myrtle in the ICU
Hi folks, This crepe myrtle came from the builder when...
rwiki
How to care for new sod - Hibernation
Hello, As of this second, I have a team of people putting...
thom71gt
Windbreak, Privacy Screen, City Lot, Wet Feet
Hello - I need some ideas for what to do along the...
Tryska D
invasion of something on my coleus
I have 18 coleus in pots They have been great but......
optiwench
Epsom salt on plants
I heard that Epsom salts are good for plants and vegatables....
angel123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™