Holly Springs (Raleigh area) NC: rec's for landscapers?

cfillio(z8)April 28, 2008

Hi All

Just moved to NC a few months ago and our backyard needs a TON of work. As before, I plan to do most of the actual work myself, but would like some professional advice/guidance.

Can anyone recommend a good landscape design company in the area? My focus questions would be:

1) Which existing shrubs to pull vs transplant (the house/grounds sat vacant over a year)?

2) Rec's on drought-tolerant species.

We're also considering installing a cistern to augment our irrigation system, so I'd like a landscaper who is well versed in projecting necessary watering capcity.

Thanks!

cf

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alex_7b(7b/8a)

You may want to save the heavier work for the colder months.

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 5:10PM
dyhgarden(7b)

We have used the same landscaper at our previous home and here at our new home. Robert Radcliffe is in Holly Springs (919) 427-2675.

You can view my blog to see the water feature (stream and waterfall); Jerith fence with stone corners; and large trees that he installed at our current house. He also built a large deck around our swimming pool last summer.

Great person, too!
Cameron

Here is a link that might be useful: my gardening blog

Bookmark   May 24, 2008 at 10:44AM
Kennedy644

Down to Earth is a Landscape company offering Landscape Design / Build / Maintenance services in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Durham, Wake Forest, Chapel Hill and the Triangle RTP area. We offer turnkey exterior services for the entire Landscape Design / Build process. Are you interested in extensive installation, landscape maintenance, or treatment of one specific area of your garden? Let our experienced and creative staff of landscape designers help create the beautiful and functional setting you envision for your outdoor living space. We handle all aspects of landscape installation from grading to annual beds. Water gardens, koi ponds, and swimming pool landscapes are a specialty in which we excel. We are NC Registered Landscape Contractors, NC Licensed Irrigation Contractors, ICPI certified paver installers, and hold multiple degrees in Horticulture and Landscape Design among our staff,

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Landscaper Raleigh

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 5:30AM
More Discussions
Epsom salt on plants
I heard that Epsom salts are good for plants and vegatables....
angel123
New home landscaping
My husband and I will be moving into our new home next...
Ladyb319
Fine garden April issue, no southeast pics
Why not? Steve aitken Why no southeast pics?
josephene_gw
privacy screen HELP!
My lovely country/cottage garden style yard and porch...
inbloominalabama
invasion of something on my coleus
I have 18 coleus in pots They have been great but......
optiwench
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™