Pat Austin

April in Paris

Yves Piaget

Christopher Marlowe

George Burns

Pope John Paul II

Sophie's Perpetual

Margo Koster

My Purple Pavement sets lots of hips. This is just one cluster, they ripen to a tomato-red color.

Hummers love autumn sage

Masha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aurora1701e

Totally awesome!!

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 4:17PM
cherrykist(Z-7 NC)

BEAUTIFUL photos!! I love the Imposter, I think singles are so delicate. I would love to have PJP but whites don't seem to do well for me. WS2000 is another one I have got my eye on.

Tammy

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 4:17PM
organicgardendreams(z 10)

Masha, what lovely roses you have! For me it is close to a miracle that so many roses are flowering for you with the latest heat wave troubling CA. My roses have almost shut down the flower production completely, even though I try to water them reasonably well. I think I had never less rose blooms in the garden this season than right now, therefore I am even more happy to see yours thriving :-)!

I love the first photo of Jude de Obscure with the water drops lined up on the petals like string of pearls.

William Shakespeare is as gorgeous as always, especially on the first photo. I can't wait until I am finally able to say hello to this rose in my own garden.

Your Ebb Tide is also spectacular. It is nice to see a bush shot of the rose. I really do like your choice of companion plants.

Christopher Marlow looks exquisite!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 5:08PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Masha, my garden is like Christina's in terms of the roses having shut down for the most part, and it's wonderful to see your roses flourishing. I love your Ebb Tide, mine couldn't stand the heat here. The garden shot underneath it is really beautiful, with all the companion plants around the rose.

Ingrid

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 7:19PM
boxofrox(z8 PNW)

Masha,

Very lovely indeed, your pictures always are. It's as if that is your middle name :-) Christopher Marlowe is exceptional, love both the depth of the color and the way it plays off it's companions!

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 8:41PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Ooh, you've got Margo Koster. I fell in love with her at the LA rose garden near the Museum of Natural History. She was in full glorious coral glory, clambering over a pergola. What a charming polyantha.

Ebb Tide looks super with the plumbago. Good capture of Pope JP II --- hard for me to catch the petal definition.

I could rave on and on .................... love your roses.

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 11:28PM
wesley_butterflies(5b/6)

Ebb Tide now I am very thrilled just knowing a rose can grow next to a street like that thank you thank you thank you

the others are simply awsum

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 12:22AM
phatboyrose(N/W FL. - 8)

Masha, what an array of BEAUTIFUL roses I love all of your Austins can't wait until mine are as CAPTIVATING as yours are. THANKS for sharing them with us.
Harold

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 2:07AM
mashamcl

Thank you, everybody!

Christina and Ingrid, I envy you your roses shutting down. You must be looking forward to an awesome fall flush while I am falling down from all the gardening in the heat I had to do!

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 11:49AM
the_dark_lady(z7 Amelia VA)

Masha, your Imposter and George Burns are my absolute favorites! You have a collection of most beautiful roses.
Thank you for sharing them with us.
Marina

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 11:53AM
mashamcl

Thank you, Marina. I enjoy your beautiful roses too and wish I had as much land as you do!

Masha

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 3:56PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

WOw!!! Your roses are awesome!!

I especially like WS2000, Christopher Marlowe, Pope JPII (extra wow!!), Sophie's Perpetual and George Burns. Sophie's Perpetual is my fav of your pictures. I've never heard of that rose before - it's enchanting.

Carol

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
Roses "O"
Time for the O's..... ODESSA mini OKLAHOMA OKSANA OLDCASTLE OLD...
bethnorcal9
Roses that need support--ideas
I had some leftover pieces of materials that we are...
kathy9norcal
Finally the buds didn't fall off.
Here's a mini florist rose I got a couple of years...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
A girl and her roses!! Lol
A bunch of roses I cut this morning!! Enjoy!!
Prettypetals_GA_7-8
Austins In Africa
Some David Austins at the Southern tip of Africa :-) Emmanuel Generous...
liezelgil
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™