Companion plant lists???

wwlittle(z8SC)April 3, 2005

I recently started turning my horticultural knowledge into actual green by starting a landscaping company. I remember a book I had/have that lists plants and companion plants that enhance each other or grow better with certain companion plants. Do you all know of any sources for such information? I can't seem to locate my book. I am insterested in landscaping plants not edibles. In the mean while I will continue to puruse through my library of gardening and horticultural information. If you are located in the Columbia, SC area...please call on me for advice, CAD Master landscape plans, landscape design, or simple Q@A. I do have a landscape design certificate and am curently working in my Horticultural Certificate. 803-319-0675 if you are in the Columbia, SC area. Thanks all and Happy Gardening. Another great green summer is right around the corner.

W. Little

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sugarhill(7)

Try this site for perennials. It lists companions as part of the perennial descriptions. Keep in mind that their bloom periods may not match when things bloom in your zone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Companions

Bookmark   April 4, 2005 at 1:02PM
More Discussions
Sugar Cane
Is there a preferred time of year in planting it? What,...
greenepastures
Rooting Lantana?
I've had success rooting many things, but not sure...
msjacki
I had frost?
I'm in upstate SC, I had frost this morning in several...
plantnut65
invasion of something on my coleus
I have 18 coleus in pots They have been great but......
optiwench
HELP with horsetail fern
I think it is Equisetum hyemale. My husband planted...
beagardner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™