Spraying Pecans for Phylloxera

thetes(6B AR)May 14, 2006

Well, this was my first year spraying for phylloxera on my pecan trees, and I missed the timing! I am in the northeastern corner of Arkansas, in the cusp of the Missouri bootheel, and I sprayed on April 15th and again nine days later. There is now clear evidence of phylloxera infestation on my Pawnee and Creek, and perhaps others that I just can't see. I wanted to spray at least one week before this, but was unable to get a pilot who was ready, willing, and affordable. Also, weather conditions during this period have been largely very windy, and very rainy. I would very much like to know when other pecan growers in the "Mid-South" (as the weather channel calls us) sprayed for Phylloxera, as next year I'll be kaput if I miss it again. Thank you!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

This question might be better answered in the Fruits and Orchards forum. There are lots of very knowledgable folks over there to assist you. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: C'mon with me for a visit!

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 12:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wolfy2020

I think your questions can be answered here. I did something simular recently also and I found this useful phylloxera article on google.

http://hubpages.com/_reader/hub/Grape-Vinyards-and-Phylloxera

Here is a link that might be useful: Phylloxera Infestations in Grape Vines

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Home soil testing kits
Are there any good ones out there?.
420benz
HELP with horsetail fern
I think it is Equisetum hyemale. My husband planted...
beagardner
Edgeworthia chrysantha
Hello, I have recently bought and planted a Edgeworthia...
sfcrumley
desert rose
Can anyone tell me how to care for a desert rose? My...
margyrose
How to care for new sod - Hibernation
Hello, As of this second, I have a team of people putting...
thom71gt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™