We need rain, rain, and more rain!

michele_1June 22, 2007

N. Mississippi

Does anyone know how to do an Indian rain dance. I need one that's sure to work. We've never had a severe drought in spring before (worse than the worst drought in August!). We've had severe drought three years in a row now. It just keeps getting worse!!!

Not to be politically incorrect, but where's an Indian when you really need one.

I'll get out there and dance. I don't care if the neighbors think I'm crazy. I just want it to RAIN! I NEED IT TO RAIN!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buford(7 NE GA)

Texas is hogging all the rain. I'm sure they'd love to share it.

Bookmark   June 22, 2007 at 6:42AM
louisianagal(z7bMS)

I feel your pain. I've never experienced drought before, being from coastal Louisiana. I was just thinking this last week: gardeners in the area should unite, and decide to buy and hang out a small inexpensive clothesline, and hang our clothes out there, all on one day. Or we could all agree to wash the car on a particular day. That should make it rain.

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 12:25AM
buford(7 NE GA)

We've decided to put in an automatic sprinkler system this winter. So guaranteed next year we will have plenty of rain.

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 7:57AM
vancleaveterry

I have too much acreage for a sprinkler system, but I do have 300 feet of hose! That will keep me busy helping the trees closest to the home. The best I can do.

Maybe I can talk the wife into a John Deere Gator to haul water around in, tree to tree....

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
Retail Garden Center Dall./Ft.Worth area??
Hi all. I'm new to this area of the site and I hope...
leelee7
what does not (won't) grow in the south
This post is for FUTURE reference. I live in northern...
kawaiineko_gardener
Sugar Cane
Is there a preferred time of year in planting it? What,...
greenepastures
New home landscaping
My husband and I will be moving into our new home next...
Ladyb319
Fine garden April issue, no southeast pics
Why not? Steve aitken Why no southeast pics?
josephene_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™