Back from the surgery, posting rose photos:)

the_dark_lady(z7 Amelia VA)September 21, 2012

Although feeling very weak after my surgery, I could not stop myself from taking a walk through the garden and taking a few photos of what is in bloom now.

Please take a look, I hope you enjoy my roses (sure, I do!:))

Marina

Mozart

Purple Skyliner

Bicentenaire de Guillot

Rushing Stream

Isarperle

Hermitage

Hans Gonewein

Escimo

Ivor's Rose

The Nun

Princess Sibilla de Luxembourg

Gartentraume

Stormy Weather

Windermere

Anny Duperey

Francis Blaise

Licorice Tea

Lovely Green

Ines Sastre

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lesmc

Marina, let me first say how happy I am that you are home and have the surgery behind you. Don`t try and do too much, but a gentle slow walk try your beautiful roses must be fine! You must have the most glorious collection of roses. It still slays me that you don`t fertilize your roses!! They are so full of blooms with lovely foliage. The B d Guillot red rose is my favorite, but they are all lovely. Thank you for sharing your roses with me and please take care of yourself. Fall roses are so special and I want you to enjoy ALL of yours. Lesley

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 8:35PM
nanadollZ7 SWIdaho(Zone 7 Boise SW Idaho)

Oh my, what a beautiful collection of roses, every one of them. And so many that I had never seen or even heard of, which made it a very special treat to view your photos. I had to pick a favorite, which was difficult, but as a purple addict, I was blown away by the beauty of Princess Sibella de Luxembourg.
I wish you a speedy recovery, and I'm sure all the surrounding beauty of your roses will help to accomplish just that. Diane

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 10:16PM
bethnorcal9

Gorgeous stuff as always Marina! You must live in the best place in the country for roses. They always look so perfect, with no disease and lots of blooms! Lucky you! Hope you recover from the surgery quickly.

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 11:07PM
ron_and_susan(z8 GA)

Marina--I really enjoyed looking at your post. I seen a lot of roses that were new to me. Again great shots--Ron

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 11:13PM
the_dark_lady(z7 Amelia VA)

Thank you very much, Beth, Lesley, Diane and Ron!
Lesley, I can not say 100% that I don't fertilize. I fertilize some (may be 30%) with a handful of 10-10-10 per bush in Spring.
I believe, I have really nice native soil here (never done soil test). My main problem is watering. If only I could water all my roses, oh, that would make such a difference!

Diane, you are so right! My garden keeps me getting up from the bed and moving around. Not much done during my walks through the garden, only light deadheading:)

Marina

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 6:23AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Speedy recovery wishes, Marina.
Lovely Green is looking particularly lovely!

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 12:40AM
inga007(Ont. 6a)

How nice of you to share your photos of these lovely blooms. Some I have never heard of before.

All the best, to a speedy recovery.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 8:00AM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Gentle rosing is the best thing for you! Gentle wandering around is peaceful and just enough activity.

I've never been a fan of green toned roses, but your Lovely Green is mesmerizing to look at.

They're all so unique and lovely. Thanks for showing us your roses!!
Carol

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 7:07PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Marina, I'm guessing you might live in Europe, perhaps in Germany? I wish you a speedy recovery. Your roses are exquisite and very much the kind I would choose. Since I live in a warm/hot area it's mostly tea roses, chinas and small Bourbons for me. What a delight to see beautiful roses that are new to me. Thank you for taking the trouble to show them to us.

Ingrid

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 2:59PM
nulty

Beautiful roses,..so many new to me and not grown this side of the pond,..its a joy to see them looking so healthy,..i hope you recover from your surgery quickly.

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 4:04PM
More Discussions
Austins In Africa
Some David Austins at the Southern tip of Africa :-) Emmanuel Generous...
liezelgil
Name that Rose Game! Part 2
Here goes. Thanks Sara for suggesting we keep this...
kublakan
A girl and her roses!! Lol
A bunch of roses I cut this morning!! Enjoy!!
Prettypetals_GA_7-8
Roses in Oz
Is there a site for Australian roses as on garden web?...
roseladyvic
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™