What Eats Glads?

rokkis_mom(z7 Atlanta)June 6, 2007

My gladiolas are just about to bust out in bloom. I had one early bird that opened its top 3 or 4 flowers yesterday and today it's gone! Just the flower stalk from the first buds up. Anybody have any ideas? It wasn't my grandchildren. I want to be able to enjoy the rest of them.

Help, please.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
feathertrader(z8 AL)

I hate to even ask, but is there a clear cut?
I had a similar problem many, mnay years ago of Hyacinths blooming. I was so excited as it was my very first flower garden EVER. (I only had about six flowers)
I found out from one neighbor that another neigbhor decided to come into my yard and help herself.

It was such an absurd accusation in my mind that I looked at the stalk carefully and saw that the plants were cut. No insect could have made such a clean line.

Aside from that, I'm like you . . . I would have to suspect my grandgirls if they were around.

In fact, it is Glad bulbs that I had my grandgirls plant this year. Every year during Easter they plant some sort of bulb or seed. They have markers with their names on them to mark the ground where their plants will eventually come up. We ended planting a bit later this time so no flowers of yet, but it shouldn't be long.
But I will be curious to read what others might suggest to you.

Bookmark   June 17, 2007 at 12:35AM
More Discussions
Edgeworthia chrysantha
Hello, I have recently bought and planted a Edgeworthia...
sfcrumley
My avocado tree is not doing good
I bought this choquette tree from a nursery in Florida...
xdxproxdx
Beware of mail order scam - House of Wesley
There is a mail order nursery company based in Bloomington,...
chicago90
Price of Long Needle Pine Straw in Your Area?
Last week we had our annual pine straw mulch refresh....
kswl2
Lilac for the South
Wayside has a lilac in their catalog which they say...
Joeray
Sponsored Products
Chooty and Co Oxford Charcoal Pinstripe D-Fiber Pillow Multicolor - CS17K2124
$36.99 | Hayneedle
Justice Design Group POR-8673 - Montana 3 Light Bath Bar - Square with Flat Rim
$340.00 | Hayneedle
Slate Cheese Board with Chalk
| Dot & Bo
Bella Sand Kidney Pillow
$42.00 | Bellacor
Furniture of America Ridge Adjustable Twin over Twin Bunk Bed with Drawers - IDF
Hayneedle
Justice Design Group GLA-8921 - Modular 1 Light Wall Sconce - Square with Ripple
$290.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™