Bounty Of Blooms (Part 6)

aurora1701eSeptember 1, 2009

Up today is part 6, what I like to call the mother lode!! I can't recall a summer that produced so many wonderful roses. Enjoy!!

Jeff

GEM O THE ROCKIES

JULIA CHILD (It amazes me that this was a mere bareroot stick potted up last spring)

LOVE AND PEACE

MIDAS TOUCH

OKLAHOMA

POPE JOHN PAUL II

OLYMPIAD

PEACE

STAINLESS STEEL

MOONSTONE

FIRST IMPRESSION

BARBRA STREISAND

BLACK MAGIC

GOLD MEDAL

SCENTIMENTAL

INTRIGUE

ICEBERG

TOUCH OF CLASS

WILD BLUE YONDER

CHERRY PARFAIT

LASTING LOVE

DISNEYLAND

VETERAN'S HONOR

GEMINI

MR. LINCOLN

COUPLE BOUQUETS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phatboyrose(N/W FL. - 8)

Jeff, your right an abundance of BEAUTIFUL roses and so many varieties. I started down the string tring to pick a favorite and before I knew it I had just about wrote down them all. But your MOONSTONE & BLACK MAGIC especially AWESOME.
THANKS for posting and keep them coming.
Harold

Bookmark   September 1, 2009 at 9:02PM
boxofrox(z8 PNW)

Jeff,

Absolutely stunning !!!

I'm becoming very, very fond of red roses and my collection is growing but I have an almost magnetic affinity for roses that look exactly like Disneyland. That, my friend is DDG (I would make the caps bigger if I could :-)

Bookmark   September 1, 2009 at 9:07PM
the_bustopher z6 MO

Those are really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   September 1, 2009 at 9:51PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Does GOLD MEDAL often have its edges tinted orange? Love it.

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 1:40AM
lesmc

Wow! Very beautiful roses! I noticed that several of your roses are grown in pots. You are very successful.I`m about out of room, so I hope to have luck with roses in pots. I can`t seem to quit ordering roses!! Thanks for these photos. Lesley

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 1:16PM
phatboyrose(N/W FL. - 8)

Jeff, I just had to stop back by and admird your roses again AWESOME just AWESOME. I was wondering what kind of mix do use in your pots. Thanks for the VIEW.
Harold

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 3:21PM
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

Absolutely breathtaking, JeffAurora! I am so thrilled with your roses! I always love seeing Mr. Beauteous Lincoln and Julia! with all her bounteous gold! Gem o' the Rockies, Disneyland, Iceberg, Gemini, Moonstone and the first photo of Peace just glitter and glow! They all! take my breath away. Absolutely gorgeous, such perfection! like crystalline-roses! Such magical exhibition-quality blooms, Jeff! I love, love, love your roses.

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 10:18PM
aurora1701e

Thanks all for your kinds words.

Boxofrox: Disneyland can be a challenge here on the east coast. If you aren't religious with spraying it will get blackspot literally overnight. Probably why it's called Disneyland instead of Disneyworld. Definitely better suited for dry climate.

Iris_gal: Gold Medal takes on myriad of colors during its bloom cycle. Some start out with an orange edge then turn yellow and finally before dropping turn almost white.

Lesley/Harold: I do enjoy growing roses in pots. Generally I leave them in their original containers the first year to see how they do. If I'm happy with their performance the next year they go in the ground or into a much larger pot. I'm fortunate to have an unattached, unheated garage to overwinter them in.

I use Miracle-Gro Potting Mix (not the moisture control stuff) mixed with some humus/manure. I throw in a little alfalfa meal and bone meal at the bottom of the planting hole. I've found this, plenty of water (almost daily) and monthly feedings of half-strength Rose-Tone makes them really happy campers. Sometimes I use a foliar spray of fish emulsion and/or seaweed.

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 8:39AM
BecR(zone 9 CA 19)

WOW Jeff, you've got some beauties!

Can't decide which I like best, they are all so beautiful and you've captured them so wonderfully in your photos.

Thanks for sharing.

: ) Becky

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 2:17PM
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

Me, too. Harold I had to revisit both JeffAurora's roses and Boxofrox's garden to cheer me up! Whenever one gets very worried and discouraged all one needs to do is visit these beautiful flowers!

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 5:36PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Wow!!! Those are some of the nicest shots Ie seen of PJPII!!!! Mine is first year, and they donèt seem quite as large, full or nicely formed. But the scent is heavenly!!

Same with my Vet Honor. It doesnèt look as nice as yours. Very lovely!!

Itès hard to pick favs when theyère all so wonderful!! I adore your Barbra Streisand, Iceberg and Black Magic. I think I might want to get Barbra Streisand - especially since we donèt get blackspot here.

Lovely, lovely - thanks!

Carol

Bookmark   September 7, 2009 at 2:05PM
More Discussions
Buddha's Garden
Here's one from my garden. This statue is a favorite...
kublakan
Is this Red Fountain?
A neighbor has this neglected shrub-like rose, which...
mantis__oh
Austins In Africa
Some David Austins at the Southern tip of Africa :-) Emmanuel Generous...
liezelgil
Finally the buds didn't fall off.
Here's a mini florist rose I got a couple of years...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™