Heritage - Pretty Jessica - Pacific Serenade

gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)September 18, 2009

'Heritage' loves the fall weather. It's been pumping out the blooms like mad lately.

This bloom is on the newest of my two 'Pretty Jessica' specimens. This plant is a tiny band about 8 inches tall from Rogue Valley Roses received earlier this year (they don't carry this rose anymore). Amazing that this little infant can produce blooms already. This is the second bloom it has produced. Yes, I know, I should have pinched the bud off to allow the roots to grow more. I'm undisciplined that way.

I really like the fragrance this rose puts out ... 'Pacific Serenade'.

My dwarf purple coneflowers just won't stop blooming.

TGIF,

Randy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Wonderful pic of Heritage.

The others are delicious too.

Bookmark   September 18, 2009 at 11:31PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Beautiful photographs, and the picture of Pretty Jessica is especially exquisite. Thank you for posting.

Ingrid

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 12:34AM
katefisher(Z7_NorthernCA)

Just wonderful Randy. I've been pondering Heritage for sometime now. You captured it beautifully. Thank you for those.

Kate

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 7:01AM
gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)

Thanks, iris_gal. I like taking pics of 'Heritage'.

Kate, I have really enjoyed my two 'Heritage' roses. It's a really productive and nicely scented rose for me.

Ingrid, this morning I was outside enjoying the fragrance from that 'Pretty Jessica' bloom. I was so happy with it, I took another pic this AM:

Buenos dias,
Randy

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 9:07AM
gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)

And another shot of 'Heritage' this morning.

Randy

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 12:31PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Heritage - sigh. That's my fav color too! I can't wait for mine to start flowering better. The amount and the bloom aren't quite there yet. I'm finally getting some scent tho.

Pretty Jessica is quite gorgeous too. Mmmmm.

And I love coneflowers. Love, love them. I think they look great with roses. I didn't know there were dwarf varities!

Carol - grateful for the look!

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 3:12PM
mashamcl

Randy,
I can see why you can't stop taking pictures of Heritage, they are beautiful! Mine is having a flush too, I love, love the fragrance. Thanks for posting,

Masha

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 4:15PM
gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)

Carol, yes, the dwarf form of purple coneflower is called 'Kim's Knee High'. The blooms are about the same size as the normal purple coneflowers, but the "stalks" they grow on are about 1/2 the normal height.

Masha, my camera has just been drawn toward 'Heritage' like a magnet lately due to all its perfectly shaped and fragrant blooms.

Randy

Bookmark   September 19, 2009 at 8:33PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Another magnificent pic of Heritage. I just finished deadheading with plenty of buds left.

I'm sorry for anyone who gives up on this rose. I only have two other Austins but Heritage took the longest by far to establish. Worth the wait if you love delicacy and pink.

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 12:50AM
gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)

I agree, iris_gal. Heritage's fall blooms make me think of an old centifolia rose. Like something you'd see in an Henri Fantin-Latour painting from long ago.

Randy

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 9:39AM
organicgardendreams(z 10)

Randy, very lovely pictures of Heritage! That is such a beautiful rose! My band Hertiage rose has never made more than two blooms on a cane and is not able to produce gorgeous flushes yet, but I hope she will in the future.

The observation of iris gal is interesting that her Heritage took long to get established. Randy and everyone else who is growing this rose, would you agree with that?

Christina

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 10:29AM
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

Your Heritage is such a lovely and romantic beauty!

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 3:10PM
gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)

Christina:
My 'Heritage' was a large 2-gallon own-root rose from the Antique Rose Emporium when it was planted. So, it did not take very long to get established. But, yes, its blooms have gotten better and larger each year. And it is more productive every year ... this year it pumped out blooms steadily since spring. And I am thankful that it self-cleans its spent blooms, so when I get behind on deadheading, the plant still looks good. That is important with a light colored rose that blooms all the time.

Glad you enjoyed, Serena.

Randy

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 8:09PM
organicgardendreams(z 10)

Randy, thanks for answering my question. It sounds that I have to be a little bit patient with my Heritage band until it reaches maturity, but that this will not necessarily take longer with this rose than the usual time that other roses need to get to that point, too.

When I was outside today I of course had to check on my Heritage and as if it just wanted to show that it really tries hard it has made its first cane with three buds. Yay!!!

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
Special kinds of Roses
The first picture is of my oldest granddaughter, showing...
sara_ann-z6bok
Wheee!! February roses for Las Vegas
the roses that went in late spring last year are now...
lorrihz
Buddha's Garden
Here's one from my garden. This statue is a favorite...
kublakan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™