Why are so many posts showing up twice

Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)June 17, 2012

...sometimes much later, after other posts have been added in the meantime? The first few times I figured it was something people were doing, hitting submit twice somehow, but it's happening for so long to way too many posts at such widely-spaced intervals, an hour or more later, to be something at the user end of things. Gremlins? Gnomes? Sprites?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

Are you seeing a ''500'' error? I was getting a 500 error, clicked submit a few times and went away. Came back later and my reply had been posted many times.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 5:33PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

That did happen to me yesterday for the first time - and you're right, it doubled my post. Maybe that's what's happened to others. Thanks!

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 9:30AM

Ok, this one breaks that theory. This has got to be something at GW's end. Any theory how this could happen at the user end?

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg0610294830437.html?6. Really weird!

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 2:14PM
natal(Louisiana 8b)

I've noticed a lot of the double posts come from someone using a portable device like an iPad.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 4:20PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

testing testing at 4:21 Suggestions....and checking the box for follow-ups.

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 4:21PM

and again....

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 4:22PM

well, forget my 'theory' of 'unckecking having follow-up replies' possibly being a part of the duplicate problem. I'm thinking too that a good bit of it might be via ipads and/or other touch screens and then the member is using the back up arrow/function or something.

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 4:27PM

That sounds plausible and certainly beyond my experience. Phones are for making calls and the touch screen on mine makes me want to (bleeped!) Ahhh to be young again and even imagine seeing web pages on a tiny thing like that. ROFL!!

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 4:32PM

When I see people scrolling up pages of 'stuff' via their phone, or ipad, it makes me dizzy. I'll sure not be getting any of those 'rolling screens at a touch' thingys anytime soon.

btw...your post from Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 16:32 came into my email instantly, yet my replies from Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 16:21 and
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 16:22 have not arrived yet...sigh.

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 4:48PM

It's almost like the GW email system is dependent upon periodic human action, not automated...? Since implementing the new email notices of threads started by others, I've had responses show up instantly also, so that settles the issue of whether it's Yahoo or Hotmail (not) but no pattern seems to be apparent.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 7:44AM

I've had responses show up instantly also, so that settles the issue of whether it's Yahoo or Hotmail (not) but no pattern seems to be apparent.
For sure! You post made Jul 14, 12 at 7:44 showed up in my Hotmail at 10:27...almost 3 hours later.

Why?

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 10:46PM

My post made above at Jul 14, 12 at 22:46 came through to Hotmail instantly.
hmmm....gremlins?

Here is something interesting...I've checked the box earlier to get the replies emailed to me, yet now the message below says, "Check here if you would like post replies emailed to you. blah, blah, blah."

Usually it tells to to click or something if you NO LONGER want email replies emailed to you. hmmmm......Well, I'll check the box again. I wonder if it did that because I am replying again so soon. Think?

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Sick lilac
I have a sick lilac bush discolord leafs. Any ideas...
steve500
need identification
Hi this clematis is frowing wild at a friends place...
Nandibee1
FAQ editing or creation
How does a member edit an existing FAQ or create a...
larry_gene
Grey water recycling
I have a last assignment to finish and need some advice...
topdad
Draceana problems
HI guys I'm having a problem with my draceana plants...
Namel65
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™