Annoying Wheat Thins ad

Twinkle(7 GA)August 15, 2007

I have pretty much stopped coming here because of the ads. I became a paying member years ago, and have both given and received a lot of advice. I haven't used the site much in the last year because of the annoying ads.

Today I came to Gardenweb and forgot to IMMEDIATELY log in. I was subjected to an ad for crackers that would not allow me to close, skip, or scroll over to the skip button. Even though the ad has a "skip" button, it is not accessible. The ad was quite lengthy.

I will not be back. I completely object to advertising methods that hold my computer hostage.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bob414(USDA 9, Sunset 15)

If you want to complain and say goodbye I sympathize. If you would like to enjoy the forums without the ads I suggest you go to the computer help forum and post your problem there. You will find that many of us surf the forums daily without ever seeing an ad.

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 2:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I second what Bob says...the friendly folks at Computer Help can fix about anything.

Bob himself has helped me rescue my computer from having to be totally emptied and reloaded.

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
clickable links within posts cannot be distinguished
The clickable links font color is so similar to the...
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
Active topics or recent activity in user profile
Unless I've missed something (please point it out)...
svejkovat
Raised bed on aggregate cement patio
I want to put a 4 x 4 raised bed garden on an aggregate...
anngio
Suggestions for replacing hastas
Hello all. I am looking to see if thjere could be something...
jlb270
List of "Favorite Forums"
I used to be active here a number of years ago, but...
krawdon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™