Spring flush well underway

curdle(9b, Australia)October 13, 2013

All the roses are really taking off - I will split this into a few parts, as I hadn't realized my pics were quite this large...

Charles Rennie McKintosh

Lady of Shalott

Peach profusion - a new one from Kordes

Redoute

Sharifa Asma

Souvenir de la Malmaison - was very happy to see only one bloom so far has balled; its been so wet here this spring

I had better stop now all the pinkness is getting a bit overwhelming

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inga007(Ont. 6a)

Haven't seen a photo of Charles Rennie McKintosh for years. Nice blooms all and everyone

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 7:23AM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

LoL on lots of pinkness... Looking good! :-)

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 12:03PM
bethnorcal9

They're all gorgeous! But I really love that LADY OF SHALOTT!

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 12:51PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Oh!!! And to think I almost missed this post!!!!
Your CRM is exquisite - but Sharifa Asma is incredible!!!! I hope you don't mind that I just set SA as a background for my computer. Stunning!!! Should be in a calendar!!!!
Of course they're all heavenly - but SA is !!!!!
Carol

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 4:59PM
kittymoonbeam

You and I like the same ones! Happy spring flush to you, I hope it's a great year.

Bookmark   October 24, 2013 at 4:38PM
curdle(9b, Australia)

thanks for the compliments !

I've only just got all these this year, but most are shaping up pretty well so far. Lady of Shalott in particular looks like she will be a nice light and airy one with a good shape and is pretty blackspot free.

I am glad you liked the Sharifa Asma pic Carol; I rather impressed myself with that one :) Although it was a very nice bloom to start off with.

Yes kitty, I seem to ended up with a lot of Austins - I tried to have a good spread of different types of roses, but so many of the Austins seem to be the right size for pots. And they are so lovely..still, it gives me an excuse to buy more roses..I need at least one of every class, surely..

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 8:46AM
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Love all your Austins (and Souvenir de la Malmaison). Yes, Lady of Shalott makes a nicely shaped bush that blooms a lot--and has lovely blooms. And is fairly good on bs-resistance. It is one of my favorite recent Austins--but you have some other lovely ones also.

Kate

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 1:03PM
mzstitch(Zone 7b South Carolina)

I was just starting to get bummed out as my rose season is coming to an end. Theres my solution, a winter home in your spring! Beautiful blooms, especially Charles Rennie McKintosh,

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 7:16AM
nanadollZ7 SWIdaho(Zone 7 Boise SW Idaho)

CRM is just magnificent and I love the exquisite color shading of Peach Profusion. I'm going to look that one up. All the delicate colors of your roses I just adore. Is your part of Australia a great rose growing area? I always think of your country as bright and sunny and warm. I hope your spring continues to produce more lovely blooms for you. Wish it were spring here! Diane

Bookmark   November 22, 2013 at 3:19AM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Looked at this again - and I'm in love with Charles Rennie!!!! Soooooo pretty!
Carol

Bookmark   November 22, 2013 at 2:01PM
curdle(9b, Australia)

I really liked the blooms on CRM; lovely lilac pinky colour - and they lasted quite well on the bush, haven't tried to pick for a vase yet. No smell either, but then he is only new, planted as a bareroot this winter. Unfortunately he only managed about 3 (admittedly gorgeous) blooms, and like 80% of the collection, (eh, most of that's pretty new, too) is now resting.
Peach Profusion tried hard to live up to its name; sadly he got attacked by a big thunderstorm at just the wrong moment, and the blooms suffered. Still, so far its been extremely healthy and bushy with nice glossy dark green leaves. No fragrance, but no blackspot or mildew either.
. Only Julia Child, Pope John II and Buff Beauty are still hard at work. Blooms started doing odd things like semi balling, going manky round the edges, and being rather undersized..growth seemed to have stopped, and blackspot is attacking just about everything:(
I suspect it may have to do with the weather; grey wet and mostly overcast, with the occasional sunny muggy day; strangely up and down temperature wise.
And that's what its like here in Spring, Diane! We get a short cool spring, followed by a fairly hot longish summer, which seems to be getting hotter by the year. I am down south, and near the city/coast; means it doesn't tend to get to the extremes it does in the country- little frost for instance. everything tends to shut down in the last two months of summer tho; the backyard turns into a bit of a desert.
I had a bit of a tidy up today, and things do seem to be looking up; new growth is now appearing and hopefully I can get another flush before the really hot weather starts!

Bookmark   November 24, 2013 at 8:31AM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Yes, I just love the color of CRM's flowers. So pretty! How big are the blooms?
Carol

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 2:46AM
surya55_gw

Thx for brightening up my dreary day; it's such a pleasure to scroll down and see the gorgeous blooms. It's great to see what others have to offer a world away.....

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild
To me, this rose has a different form than most Austins...
suebelle_neworleans
Roses "X, Y, Z"
Ok this is it. Done for another season! Next... on...
bethnorcal9
Stuff bloomin' today..
The buds and blooms are coming on pretty quickly now......
bethnorcal9
Homere and Grandmother's Hat Blooms
Snipped these to walk around the (very soggy) garden...
Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
Roses"P"
Now for the Ps... I'm sure this is going to be a very...
bethnorcal9
Sponsored Products
Filament Design Vista 3 Light Chrome Incandescent Flush Mount CLI-CE-3865-8-56
Home Depot
Lenox White French Perle 4-piece Place Setting
Overstock.com
Hounslow Polished Nickel One-Light Flush Mount with Clear Glass
$109.80 | Bellacor
Rocks Pendant by LBL Lighting
$140.00 | Lumens
Filament Design Lamps Cooper 71 in. Ceramic Incandescent Floor Lamp
Home Depot
New Hand Knotted Khotan Azure Blue 5'x7' Pakistan Super Kazak Oriental Rug H4070
BH Sun Inc
angelo:HOME Fulton 8523-5H Chandelier- Gold - 8523-5H
$158.00 | Hayneedle
MC 5MM50MULTI-7 25 ft 5C Green Wire 50 LED Christmas Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™