Fall Plant Sale, South Carolina Botanical Garden

jay_7bsc(8a)September 16, 2011

The South Carolina Botanical Garden's Fall Plant Sale is scheduled for the following dates and times:

Friday, September 30, 2011, 2:30 P. M.-6:00 P. M.

Friends' Day. Membership in the Friends of the Garden can be purchased at the gate: $60.00 (Family); $45.00 (Individual).

Saturday, October 1, 2011, 9:00 A. M.-1:00 P. M.

Public Sale.

The South Carolina Botanical Garden is on the Clemson University campus at the corner of Perimeter Road and U. S. Highway 76 (Clemson Boulevard).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucindalaws

Hi Jay, I'm still curious about the Clemson Red Cluster bottlebrush. The cultivar originated from a bottlebrush tree/shrub that survived and stayed green somewhere on the Clemson campus. I'd really appreciate any info you can find out about this plant. Wish I could attend the show up there, but the drive from Sumter is too far. Hope you find lots of cool 'stuff'.

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 7:15PM
jay_7bsc(8a)

Lucinda,
All I know about this plant is that I think it's used in the landscaping at the botanical garden. Check the SCBG's Website for a telephone number. They should be able to tell you about the plant's availability. Have you looked at the Woodlanders Website? They may have it, or possibly Nurseries Caroliniana in North Augusta. With _Making It Grow_ being produced there in Sumter, it may be worthwhile to ask Amanda McNulty and Rowland Alston about the _Callistemon sp._ 'Clemson Hardy.' I did stop by the Clemson Lowe's Garden Center to find out whether they had this plant. Of course, they had never heard of it.

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 12:06PM
lucindalaws

Thanks for your advice, Jay. I need to contact Clemson University for a plant ID and recommendations. I've found that most BB's marketed here are only root hardy in zone 8a. Woodlander's Red Callistemon is fully cold hardy here, but it's leaves and flowers aren't very showy. Thanks again!

Bookmark   September 23, 2011 at 4:28PM
More Discussions
Fine garden April issue, no southeast pics
Why not? Steve aitken Why no southeast pics?
josephene_gw
what does not (won't) grow in the south
This post is for FUTURE reference. I live in northern...
kawaiineko_gardener
privacy screen HELP!
My lovely country/cottage garden style yard and porch...
inbloominalabama
Pandanaceae
Hi there, I was in Rarotonga recently in the tropical...
Basic_Biology
Retail Garden Center Dall./Ft.Worth area??
Hi all. I'm new to this area of the site and I hope...
leelee7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™