Pink Smoke Tree

joeygirlz51(7bNM)April 28, 2004

Greetings Fellow Plant Lovers

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I'm on a quest for a pink flowering Smoke Tree. Does anyone know where I can get one that won't cost me an arm and a leg? Seems all the ones around Albuquerque have purple blossoms. I'd appreciate any information anyone can give me. I checked at Rowlands and Alameda Nurseries and they only have purple ones.

thanks everyone

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joeygirlz51(7bNM)

Hello:

I found one at Plants of the South West here in Albuquerque. It's a tiny tot, but is doing well so we are very hopeful that this will turn into a beautiful mature tree. Thanks to all who offered me great advice.

Joey

Bookmark   July 15, 2004 at 9:33AM
joeygirlz51(7bNM)

Yes, I got my Smoke Tree. Its turned out to be quite the bush. It has grown so much since I planted it 3 years ago. It is sprawling, but hasn't really shown too many blooms as of yet. I hope this year will be different. With so little water in the area I'm assuming this is the reason. Also the water we have is so mineral laden it is hard on the roots so that too could be a factor. Anyone got any ideas?

Bookmark   February 12, 2008 at 9:13PM
joeygirlz51(7bNM)

Thank you Don, I came to the same conclusion about the immaturity of the plant. Its got a few more years before it will be 6 feet, so my guess it may not show blossoms this year either. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I always appreciate advice from a fellow Canadian :)

Bookmark   March 27, 2008 at 9:16PM
barbowens74_yahoo_com

I have a pink smoke tree and it is dying. I cut the growth from the bottom that looked like water sprouts. could I have killed it from that?

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 5:54PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

We have them growing in a couple of places naturally here in Central Texas but they do like to be a understory tree. The brutal sun is a but much for them. I don't think the mineral laden water would be the issue. We are hard as can be here. Saying that, I have had a hard time getting it started. I grow things on the hard side and it might need more bottom land or a bit more comfortable a spot then I am willing to give it. I see them growing in town all over the place.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
Creosote near Isleta/Albuquerque
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Recently I drove...
cactus_dude
Rsidential rock screen
HELP. I have an older home. I live in the high desert...
rodoehoho
Red rock used for desert landscaping, how hot??
I live in an HOA with lovely natural desert dirt and...
casseybug
Anyone out there have a joshua tree?
I have been trying to find some information on joshua...
kazooie
I am new users here
I am new here. And i have a website about dell drivers...
jerfrank
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™