I am re-working a border and need to transplant a butterfly bush, some lantana and coreopsis. Will the bush transplant ok? and should I do it now or wait til spring?
I would wait until early Spring when the threat of a hard freeze is past. If you move them now, the disturbed roots may not re-establish before a hard freeze kills them.
This late in the season I would wait. A word of caution on the Lantana depending on the type of Lantana it is but some have a very long tap root so be careful to get the whole root. If you have seeds on the coreopsis you can place them in a pot outside covering with just a sprinkle of potting soil. I did this last year and I had lots of coreopsis come spring time.
Thanks for the help.