Confederate Jasmine & Carolina Jasmine/Jessamine
I have been reading about both Confederate Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) and Carolina Jasmine (Gelsemium sempervirens).
I still don't have answers to these 6 questions. I'll bet ya'll can straighten me out:
1. Are carolina jasmine blooms always yellow and confederate jasmine always white?
2. Is confederate jasmine less cold-hardy than carolina jasmine? What about confederate on a south wall with heavy mulching where winter temp can drops to zero?
3. Are they comparable as climbers?
4. Somewhere I got the impression that confederate jasmine would climb a bare brick wall. Can this be true?
5. What kind of Carolina jasmine is fragrant? I just bought some blooming and it's not.
6. I have read here that Confederate jasmine smells like privet; does everyone agree? I love smelly flowers but privet is too much for me.
Also-- is either invasive in southern piedmont? I'm in north central NC.
Thank you. I love Southern Gardening Forum.