Garden Drip Irrigation Starter Kit

wilkili_ga(7)March 29, 2009

I came across this drip irrigation system on the Square Foot Gardening website. Has anyone tried this?

http://www.squarefootgardening.com/index.php/Accessories/Garden-Drip-Irrigation-Starter-Kit/flypage.tpl.html

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snibb(Salt Lake City)

Its not available just yet. I have a "pilot" version that Mel gave to me to test. It works great! The problem we have had is that its pretty easy to get this to those who have just one 4X4. But, not really-how far are they from their water source? What about those who have different garden sizes, like a 2X16, 3X6, etc. The directions have also been hard to follow. We have tried to make it simple so that people dont make mistakes that end up costing more money. You can view the system on any of my pictures in photobucket. I have mine hooked up to an automatic timer, and I can tell you this-if you have more than one 4X4, this is the greatest way to go...

Bookmark   March 29, 2009 at 11:10PM
bdobs(8b or 9 SF Bay Area)

Whats the link to your photobucket site snibb???

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 12:09AM
    Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 1:13AM
wilkili_ga(7)

Thanks for the feedback snibb. I have two 4x4 beds that are about six feet from the water spigot. I used a soaker hose with a timer last year which worked okay. However, it was difficult to wind the hose through the beds and keep it in place, so I liked that this has the straight pieces of hose. Do you know when this will be available?

P.S. You have a beautiful garden! I wish I had room for a setup like that.

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 8:40PM
snibb(Salt Lake City)

wilk...I used a soaker hose my firs year as well until I figured out it just wasn't that great. By the time you start bending it around, the corners end up getting very little water. The irrigation system should be ready in 2 weeks. I think you can hit the "notify" button so that you will know when it becomes available. As far as the garden..thank you, but my garden is not really that big. If I can do it, anybody can!

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 12:33AM
More Discussions
Vermiculite Source List - Throughout USA
I had a hard time finding vermiculite, so I have compiled...
angela12345
Cold Weather Covers
I made a cover for a 4x4 box going off the instructions...
mtnrunner
Looking for bloggers
I am looking for folk interested in writing about square...
Andrew_Green
Weed Barrier
I was excited to find this forum. I started dabbling...
mtnrunner
Watery soil under raised bed
Hey all, I am new to raised beds, just started construction...
jazz1234
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™