picking mulberries in Albuquerque

fabaceae_nativeJune 26, 2011

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone out there knows of some good fruiting mulberry trees in Albuquerque?

In past years I've picked from roadside trees, and am hoping to find some more scenically located.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Also, is anything else ripe yet? Did any of the apricot trees escape the bad spring weather to produce fruit?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
frdnicholas(Albuquerque NM)

We had a good handful of apricots, but lost quite alot to the winds. My nectarines came and went. They were really plentiful and delicious. We did lose our pomegranite, however new growth has come up from the bottom. Same thing happened with my figs. I just picked about 15 plums, which is much less than in previous years. I have a volunteer mulberry tree that just started growing in my yard about 2-3 years ago, so I don't know what kind it is. It had baby fruits on it, but the wind blew them all off. I have peaches that are still a ways off from being ripe as well as grapes and quince. My yard gets full sun all day, so I believe that helped the fruit trees recover from the bitter winter. I hope if you have fruit trees you have a bountiful harvest.

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 4:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fabaceae_native

That's great to hear that the Feb deep freeze and late frosts still left you with some fruit.

I've got trees/plants of: apricot, peach, nectarine, plum, apple, pear, mulberry, currant, gooseberry, grape, and this year no fruit except a few currants and mulberries (luckily there are more of these nearby). Deep freeze the culprit for the apricot, peach, nectarine, grape, the late frosts killed the blossoms of most everything else. A rough year for sure.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 8:25AM
More Discussions
Roses for a small space that can take the heat, zone 7b
Any suggestions? We have room for a couple of new roses, in...
Theresa McHarney
Little white worms in my compost
These little guys are spread throughout my organic...
SweetShef
rugosa rosas in Santa Fe, NM??
Want to grow low growing but spreading roses in my...
PvBme
I am new users here
I am new here. And i have a website about dell drivers...
jerfrank
Rsidential rock screen
HELP. I have an older home. I live in the high desert...
rodoehoho
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™