Home study courses

mjm233March 4, 2002

I'm interested in doing a landscape design course from home, and I have been looking around, searching and comparing. I am based in the UK, but the courses that I think are more promising can be taken by anyone in the world, so I thought I would ask people out there for any kind of experience, recommendations, or general information that might help me decide what's best for me. My ultimate intention is to become professional, so I thought two particular courses were more promising in that they claim to prepare you for the business side of designing. These are KLC School of Design (based in London), apparently with an international reputation, and the Learning Institute (more specifically the branch called "the Institute of Garden Design"), which is based both in England and in the States. As I say, does anybody know anything about them? If not, are there any other courses you know about that are just perfect and can be taken by anybody anywhere? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NoelODea

I am also interested in the landscape design courses offered by KLC and in particular the Learning Institute. Before committing to either, I would appreciate any feedback from people who have had experience with any of these courses, or indeed any Garden Design open learning courses.
Thanks.

Bookmark   October 17, 2002 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Gopher eradication in school garden
I am wondering what your feelings are on this issue....
azherbboy
Can anyone identify this plant???
I think it may be a chinese evergreen. I am obviously...
dragonlilly
HELP. How do I fix this?
Hello fellow gardeners. I'm not a gardener, I'm a kid...
ryguy1031
gardening pen pal?
I do not need any replies to this topic anymore. Thanks This...
Edlyn12
Avocado tree?
is this a avocado tree? I'm sending some pictures....
Markchauvin1969
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™