We just had a couple days of rain, and today it's been nice and sunny and not so cold, yet. I think we're going to have a mild winter. (but of course, I could be wrong!)
Here's what's popped out today
MACHO MAN - putting on a good show til the end!
POMPEII - one of the few roses I have with RMV, but the blooms are so lovely, I can't dig it up...
and one of my crazy salvias:
And here's a pic of our dog Katie on the front porch today. She's going to be gone soon. She's got some internal disorder that causes fluid buildup outside her lungs. We took her to the vet almost 5 weeks ago and were told it's a sign of an underlying problem, most likely cancer. We couldn't afford the cost of all the tests to find out what's wrong with her, so they just drained the fluids out so she could breathe. She almost died there at the vet's before they did so... her tongue was dark blue and she was heaving and heaving trying to breathe. We decided to bring her home and let her be comfortable until the fluids built up again. Unfortunately, they have again and she hasn't eaten much the last week. We thought she was going to go on her own a few nights ago, but she just keeps perking back up for a few days. It's been really hard. I feel she should be put down because she clearly is having a hard time breathing. But my husband is having a hard time dealing with it. It's so hard to know when the time is right. It's horrible to have to deal with trying to make the right decision when a beloved pet is suffering. I'm not a "dog person" but she has been a great dog, and it's so hard to see her like this. But she's still hanging in there and even went out and greeted some Trick-or-Treaters just a few minutes ago.