Flawless, another miniflora

flaurabunda(6a, Central IL)October 7, 2010

I took a few of these with adjusted settings as well. The first few are with the white background and exposure on automatic settings.

Talk about a perfect candelabra!

These next 3 are after changing the settings:

I'm not sure which set I prefer for this one; they're both okay.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

What a pretty rose. I prefer the lighter photos here- especially the first one.
Renee

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 12:02AM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Yes, I also vote for the lighter pics in this one.
flaurabunda, great looking bloom!

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 12:46PM
sanrosa(5)

I have just noticed this rose recently. I am glad to see it in your garden. How old is yours? And, is it fragrant? I believe that it is supposed to be. It loooks more
salmon-y coral in other photos I have seen. Yours is a beautiful pink. I like the looks of it!
Sandra

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 8:20PM
flaurabunda(6a, Central IL)

Sandra,
This is one that I planted as a band from Rosemania in the 2nd week of May, this year. It is very vigorous so far, and the only mini I have with any fragrance. I wouldn't say that it bowls you over, but it's nice to have a mini with some scent since so many of them have none.

It is a very clear, uniform medium pink when it first opens from bud stage. It holds perfect form for only one day, then opens to a delightful ruffled beauty with the stamens fully exposed. It's one of the few roses that I find attractive after it's fully open.

The color leans more toward mauve-pink than salmon-pink. It fades completely to white as it ages, but the petals will NOT fall off. The petals have very good substance and cut flowers last long in the vase. It does not spot or turn brown in heat and rain. I'm VERY pleased with this one, as I am all of the minis. They always seem to have better petal substance and age so much better than any of my hybrid teas or floribundas.

Bookmark   October 9, 2010 at 11:14AM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

A really lovely rose, and from your description is seems almost perfect in all its attributes. I grow mostly old roses but this little beauty would not seem at all out of place among them. Thank you for posting.

Bookmark   October 9, 2010 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
Randy Scott (A Great White HT)
This beautiful white HT came out in 2008 and we got...
ron_and_susan
Roses "O"
Time for the O's..... ODESSA mini OKLAHOMA OKSANA OLDCASTLE OLD...
bethnorcal9
Summer roses in South Africa
So I thought that while some of you are still eagerly...
liezelgil
Roses "Q"
Not many in this one... QUAKER STAR QUEEN NEFERTITI QUEEN...
bethnorcal9
Photogenic roses
Which roses are consistently giving you gorgeous roses...
rosecanadian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™