Narrow Screening Plant?

mrsfox(6)October 19, 2013

Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for what to plant in a very narrow area (2.5 feet) that can grow to about 10 feet for screening purposes? I live in an arid climate, so drought tolerance would be great. Evergreen would be ideal, but I'll take any suggestions! The picture is where I want to plant for some privacy from the neighbors.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Where do you live? State and City?

Is it the across the street neighbor, or the over-the-fence neighbor? And what activity of your needs screening? There may be an easier way to get pool privacy or patio privacy.

Plants that will stay that narrow seldom get that tall ... and those that will quickly go to 10 feet are going to be wider than that.

A mix of shrubs and small trees, but in a wider bed that that, would work pretty well. Some evergreen and some flowering deciduous.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 4:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsfox(6)

I live in South Central Oregon. I would like more privacy from the over-the-fence neighbor...the 6' wooden fence quickly drops to about 2 feet towards the street. I'd just like more of a visual/sound barrier than that. Whenever I am out in the front yard watering or mowing I am being stared at, and I'd just like a little more privacy is all. What is the "easier" way to get the kind of privacy I'm looking for? Thank you.

Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 1:50AM
More Discussions
Little white worms in my compost
These little guys are spread throughout my organic...
SweetShef
Searching for Palo Verde 'Desert Museum'
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and have searched...
Oyster123
Please HELP tree selection and questions?
Hi everyone! I am so excited to finally start my gardening...
black-thumbs
Killing palo verde
I apologize to those of you who cannot grow these....
rodoehoho
Anyone had those low litter trees near swimming pool?
I am looking for a evergreen tree to plant near a swimming...
monkeyta123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™