NEW: Newbie from Zone 9a California

onethousandbloomsMarch 19, 2011

Hi I am brand new to this site. I would love someone to help me learn how to trade cuttings & seeds here on Garden Web. I feel a bit overwhelmed on how to navigate through the many options available. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindaruzicka(Z6 PA)

Good morning and welcome! This forum is the Round Robin forum. You can read over the different posts and see if any of the ones interest you. The ones that say NEW are usually just starting up for that month. MNF (Make New Friends) is a good group that welcomes newbies and some of the other ones do too. Just check the requirements and see if you fit them. I hope that this helps!

Linda GW:lindaruzicka

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 10:29AM
beth_b_kodiak(zone 5a)

there is also a lot of info on the seed trading forum and the plant trading forum.
The FAQ sections or the posts from chemo curl are full of essential info for traders.
There is info on how many seeds per packet and how to clean, prepare, and ship seeds and plants are there.
Any specific questions you post are sure to get answered quickly but most of the general stuff is already there.
Have Fun and welcome to Garden Web

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 11:45AM
onethousandblooms

Good Morning Lindaruzika & Beth b. Kodiak,

I have been reading the information on the site on how to exchange. Going to try to find MNF....ohhh I really hope I find some great gardening friends!

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 12:46PM
rosemctier(z5/6 waynesburg PA)

Welcome! thought i would mention the plant and seed exchange pages too-- if you go to the main exchange page, you will find links there. i think i remember seeing a few newbie seed exchanges going on on the seed exchange, and you might have more luck on the plant side with your cuttings.

partners and such have already been assigned for the march mnf swap, but april's should be beginning soon. i am hosting an easter basket swap on this forum that just started, and i also just listed a game that you are welcome to play.

GW is a great place to trade plants and gain knowledge-- and make gardening friends! enjoy :)

Bookmark   March 20, 2011 at 1:18AM
beth_b_kodiak(zone 5a)

Emmylou, have you tried posting your email here on your member page? The system does not always work and sometimes they are posted but later disappear.
You can set it up so only members can see it.
bb

Bookmark   March 20, 2011 at 9:56AM
More Discussions
NEW: Garden Seed Swap - Flowers, etc...
Hello, I would like to host a seed swap for flowers...
oliviarosaline
OBF Swap Hosting list for 2015
(copied over from brittneysgran/Shirley's post) Please...
ruthz
NEW: New Year's Theme Swap
It's that time of year for New Beginnings and a fresh...
mcc371
UPDATE: My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap (Pt 2)
We all survived Christmas, but now it's time to get...
EricaBraun
NEW: Beans, peas and legumes swap
I'll be hosting this swap. But, it's YOUR swap for...
tormato
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™