HELP. How do I fix this?

ryguy1031August 11, 2013

Hello fellow gardeners. I'm not a gardener, I'm a kid who's dad asked to help fix this tree thing in the front yard (see picture). It rained and winded extremely hard the other day and now t looks like this. Dads plan is to try and tie them up with rope. I wondered if there was any better way to go about this. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
afishlady(8b)

Looks like the water got in all those flowers and weighed them down. You could try snipping a few strategic blossoms to see if that will help the weight problem. After you can better see what you have to work with you can try tying them together.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 12:33PM
afishlady(8b)

Looks like the water got in all those flowers and weighed them down. You could try snipping a few strategic blossoms to see if that will help the weight problem. After you can better see what you have to work with you can try tying them together.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 12:41PM
katherinejones24

Your dad must be really concern. I will surely be if it were my garden. However, you both have to decide if the tree is a keeper. The tree appears to be punctured and if this is the case the tree may not even survive. Do some visual evaluation. You may also resort to seeking help from a professional landscaper to help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Advanced Landscape Management

Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 2:05PM
lizb_1772

It's a crape myrtle that needs a good pruning is all. The blossoms are heavy when wet. Google how and when to prune a crape myrtle, and you can enjoy this specimen for years to come.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 3:30PM
More Discussions
pen pal ?
I know this is a little off topic, but my son, 10 (11...
stormy_weather
Can anyone identify this plant???
I think it may be a chinese evergreen. I am obviously...
dragonlilly
Avocado tree?
is this a avocado tree? I'm sending some pictures....
Markchauvin1969
Education to become a farmer?
I'm 19 years old and interested in sustainable agriculture....
jimbad05
gardening pen pal?
I do not need any replies to this topic anymore. Thanks This...
Edlyn12
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™