My terrarium, with new plants, more growth. Go to this link. If you have a dial-up modem it will take a while to load.
Thank you for sharing! It's beautifull! Love the set up. In the clay water catcher, you have something that looks like floating aquatic plants, what are they? they sure look cool!
If you want to do something with the back, prop some cork slabs, they look like old trees, last a long time and are very light, that's what I have in mine, and I mounted some orchids and other plants to it.
I would love to see your terrarium. Especially viewing your Orchids. Do you have a photo posted on this forum.
I love your terrarium. Makes me want to build one. Do you think a 10 gallon long aquarium would be too small to start on? I have this aquarium that I never put fish in, so maybe I should start a terrarium.
In the last month everything has grown like crazy and filled in the tank. The nice thing is that it's low maintenance. I went away for 10 days and there were no problems. Ten gallons is big enough. My basic advice is this:
(1) You need light, a window or fluourescent lights that are bright. 25watts of fluorescent lighting for a 10-gallon I think. Must be fluourescent type, with a timer.
(2) Don't use a lot of dirt. Just an inch of light potting soil pressed into the bottom, and a little extra here and there.
(3) Decorate with bark, rocks, whatever.
(4) Plant tropical or "house" plants. Small plants will grow fast. Cover the top except for a small opening, to keep the moisture in whenever heat is on in the house.
(5) Water, but don't make it soggy.