First terrarium

red_fox(Z6)March 3, 2006

Ok I've been doing some looking about and some researching and a whole lot of looking at pics of other terrariums and I managed to come up with this little one in a ten gallon tank. I have ten plants total in it and it sits next to a window for some light. The pic shows the center of the terr. Not show are a small Oerstedella Centradenium on the left in a small pot and a drosera capensis on the right. The orchid and the Neanthe acutally stick up a little over top of the tank. This is my first attempt at this so let me know what you think.

The Tillys are mounted on the bases of plam fronds that I got from outside.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iliketerrariums

Nice =) I think its cool that you can keep the tank with no cover, and dont have to worry about over heating them with sunlight, if you dont plan on keeping critters you should be OK, just make sure the humidity stays at the level your plants prefere. =)

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 10:22PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
Don't think there is such a thing as a wrong way lol.Some just work better than others. Interesting assortment of plants what type of substrate did you use??
gary

Bookmark   March 4, 2006 at 7:12AM
red_fox(Z6)

ilike: I do acutally have piece of plexi for a cover, but it doesn't cover the entire top, this way i get some ventilation and some moisture retention.
Gary: I used coco fiber over aquarium gravel, I got a bed-a-beast block with enough for a 40 gallon tank and shaped that for the topography.

Bookmark   March 5, 2006 at 12:37AM
More Discussions
Want to get a terrarium lots of questions need suggestions pleas
I want to get a terrarium, I've thought about it for...
yurtle.the.turtle
overwintering maidenhair fern in cloche
In the late fall I dug up and potted my Maidenhair...
ladycave
Self-contained, Closed System Vivariums
This is my first posting; apologies if I've overlooked...
Rainbird_WI
Volunteer
I had this little sprout volunteer in another pot....
biinaboo
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™