HAVE: fyi new plant swap near chattanooga, tn

simplylisa(Tennessee)May 25, 2007

Just wanted to let you all know that the first Spring Rhea County Plant Swap will be held on June 2, 2007. It will be at Point Park in Dayton, TN which is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga and about 1 1/2 hours from Knoxville. It is also close to Pikeville, Athens, Decatur, Cleveland, Spring City, and sorta close to Rockwood and Crossville. Setup is at 9 am, swapping begins at 10 am and a potluck lunch at noon. We have a website up that is not completely finished yet so please bear with us the web address is www.freewebs.com/rheacountyplantswap If you need more info or directions my e-mail addy is LisasAvonPlace@aol.com please feel free to e-mail me anytime. Sorry for the late notice, this is my first time trying to host a swap and everything locally got hectic and to be honest I forgot I hadn't posted the info here. Most people here are not sure what a plant swap is and I would be thrilled to have some of the faithful GardenWeb swappers come helpo me introduce the locals to these awesome gardening events. Please come if you are able and if your not able please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that my first job at hosting one isn't a complete flop. Thanks in advance.

Hugs,

Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhea County Plant Swap Info

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Please keep us updated when the next one comes around.

And, in the mean time, do you have anything for trade now? What kinds of things are you looking for?

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 9:27PM
plants4chris(7)

I'm just seeing this post now, June 16. I didn't even realize the exchanges section was here until I saw it pointed out in a post on the regular forum. I am in the area (near Birchwood) and would have loved to come if I had known in time. How did it turn out and will you be planning more?

Chris

Bookmark   June 15, 2007 at 6:38PM
soddygirl06

I am also just seseing this swap idea on this parft of the board. We are fairly new to the area and loive in Soddy Daisy near the Possum Creek Campground. Love plants and do have a couple of plants to share whenever the next swap takes place. Have a couple of native columbines and maybe some asiatic lilies. This group sounds like a lot of fun and since I love flowers, it would be a good match. Cheryl

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 4:26PM
bigorangevol(Nashville)

I'd sure like to hear how it went!

Don't forget the MTPS on Oct. 20th.

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 12:22AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Japanesse Maple Seeds
I have freshly picked Japanesse Maple seeds from two...
kent_t
HAVE: Have extra Castor bean plants if anyone wants them
I just thinned out one of my beds and have many extra...
mcrooke37
WANTED: Wanting Bigroot Geranium
Hi All, Wondering if anyone has some bigroot geranium...
Made_In_The_Shade
WANTED: Edible landscape plants or seeds wanted
I have blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, strawberries...
tnmom66
HAVE: Fall 2010 etps Mark's list
Click on the link below to go to my "have"...
plant_collector47
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™