WANTED: Trying to get a new swap started

sweetposeyJune 1, 2006

My name is Tina. I am a shiny newcomer to this forum. I attended the plant swap in Hohenwald after having read about it in the Tennessean. I was amazed at the crowd myself, since I really had no idea what to expect. My mother, who is handicapped, also wanted to go. We didn't get to stay very long as she gets tired very quickly. But we met some very nice people and enjoyed the fellowship. I live near White House and one of my coworkers and I were talking about trying to get a swap going in this area. I'm sure there are many people who would attend a local event who can't or won't drive to all the way to Hohenwald. We had proposed either the White House city park or the J. Travis park in Springfield. We would be glad to have everyone interested attend, whether you're local or not. Please respond with any ideas, advice, etc. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glendasgarden(Tennessee zone 6)

I would love too! I missed the swap, me and my hubby had to work, and could'nt make the long drive :)

Bookmark   June 4, 2006 at 2:35AM
sweetposey

I posted this same message on the forum. I got a great reply from Jeff Toothman, full of a lot of great advice. Please feel free to read it and give us your input.

Thanks!

Tina

Bookmark   June 5, 2006 at 10:27AM
big_orange_vol_

I'm full of a lot of stuff, advice is only a small portion. ;-)

Bookmark   June 18, 2006 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Wanting Bigroot Geranium
Hi All, Wondering if anyone has some bigroot geranium...
Made_In_The_Shade
WANTED: Want Big pots
I am looking for nice big indoor pots i would like...
cornplantguy
WANTED: Need fresh bay leaves
Dear fellow gardeners, I am going to post this in several...
KatyaKatya
WANTED: Comfrey
Hi, I am trying to find a start of a comfrey plant...
tnfriend
WANTED: Plants wanted
*** WANT LIST **** Rhabdothamnopsis chinensis Calanthe...
plant_collector47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™