WANTED: Thank you all

april_h_o(Z6 Nashville)October 15, 2005

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who were at the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap today. I had a great time and look forward to seeing you all at the Spring swap. I learned a lot talking to everyone and listening to Marty, PLUS I've got a TON of stuff to plant tomorrow. :-) What a wonderful day--perfect weather, great company, good food, and free plants. Now that was my idea of a great day!

I'd be happy to take some of you up to the plateau come springtime to check out those flame azaleas and yellow lady slippers. In the meantime, I may just have to see if I can find some of those seeds!

Below is a photo of one of the flame azaleas in a bloom from a few years ago. This is from my Scott's Gulf web site (which hasn't been updated in a while, unfortunately).

Also, for a couple of photos of the ladyslippers, go to my photo directory in the link below. There are a couple of photos of them there. They usually bloom right around my birthday in the third or fourth week of April.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aprils' Photo Directory

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amazindirt(7A mid-TN)

It was great to meet you, April! I think we need to take that seed-collecting hike one of these days. :-)

Bookmark   October 16, 2005 at 2:36AM
mari5us(z6a/b TN)

April,
I enjoyed meeting you Saturday too. I'm glad you had a good time and are coming back. Please count me in on the wildflower hike when you go. I'd truly love it and I hope Marty will go with us! So that's me,Doc, Regina so far--it's looking like we're a crew!
Marianne

Bookmark   October 17, 2005 at 8:27AM
big_orange_vol_

Hey, I'm down with that too!

Bookmark   October 20, 2005 at 10:22PM
april_h_o(Z6 Nashville)

Great! Y'all sound pretty serious. I might just have started something here. :-)

I will look at the old calendar and see what I can come up with. I believe Marty said that the flame azaleas would have seeds now? Did anyone else here that too, or was that just my wild imagination?

--April

Bookmark   October 20, 2005 at 10:31PM
Soeur(z6b TN)

Seeds should be ready in November, usually somewhere around the middle to the end of the month. You just say the word when you want to go and I'm there. And a wildflower trip in the spring would be wonderful. Let's plan on it.

Marty

Bookmark   October 23, 2005 at 9:05PM
farmerbell(6b TN)

I did not make it to the swap but would love to go on a hike in the spring to look at wildflowers. My aunt has about 1/4 acre of wildflowers in her woods and grows the yellow lady slippers. She hasn't offered me any yet!!!

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Want Big pots
I am looking for nice big indoor pots i would like...
cornplantguy
have: free sm/mdm crepe myrtle tree ready for pick-up & transpla
Just dug up small/medium Crepe Myrtle tree from border...
virtsk
have: have: rosemary, passion flower for pick-up
I have rooted/potted cuttings from my rosemary bush...
TNVirginia
HAVE: Have extra Castor bean plants if anyone wants them
I just thinned out one of my beds and have many extra...
mcrooke37
WANTED: Edible landscape plants or seeds wanted
I have blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, strawberries...
tnmom66
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™