What's wrong with my spinach?
Good evening all....
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my spinach please? I thought it must have been some kind of bug and sprayed with a tomato/vegetable organic insecticide, but the leaves are all still yellowing and getting "holey".
I have other leafy veges right by the spinach and fear whatever it is, is spreading. Some info:
- Plants were grown from seed by me.
- Hardened off for 6 days before being planted out
- Weather has been a little chilly here, down to mid 30's at night, a little rain here and there but nothing too dramatic - just not alot of sun. Was sunny on the weekend they were planted out though.
- 4 x 4 boxes filled with Mel's mix.
- planted out on 4/5.
- haven't really grown much since they were planted out - plants are only about 4" tall at this point.
This is my first vege garden! I've upset my HOA a little with the garden in the front yard, but it's the only place we get sun! i really love my little garden :)
I've included some pictures - many thanks in advance for any advice.
Spinach leaf showing damage - 4/30/09
SFG on 4/21/09
SFG today, 4/30/09