Background finally finished

noobtoterraiumsFebruary 25, 2006

Let me know what you guys think I used the great stuff foam and pressed the oak bark to it and filled in the gaps with black silicon and then stuck the cocco bedding to the silicone

Finally the background is on there strong its not coming off lol Heres the picture... any suggestions now on what to do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/motoxtriplex/Picture1.jpg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whatisntseen

not too shabby.. Good idea filling in the cracks with coco fiber, never wouldve thought of that and using the oak bark panels!

Bookmark   February 25, 2006 at 9:36PM
iliketerrariums

Cool, it looks kinda like an old stone wall, you could try to get moss to grow on the coco fiber, it would really look like a stone wall then, By the way, how did you manage to get the coco fiber to stick to the spaces in between the bark panels? Just coco right on foam? If so, you shouldnt have a problem with the foam cracking as its such a small space, but if the coco should fall off with time....hopefully the moss will also grow on foam!? never know, keep us up to date on your progress, it looks pretty sharp =)

Bookmark   February 25, 2006 at 9:50PM
noobtoterraiums

Thanks for all the help actually Iliketerrariums you were right and I and the others were wrong I tried putting the cocco fiber directly onto the foam and skipping the black silicon step IT DID not work at all heres why. At first it sticks then the foam keeps expanding and expanding while it is drying and it eventually drys and expands and just pushes the cocco right off ... the oak stuck perfect to it and the glass its on there solid after I used black silicon and then put the cocco dirt on the black silicon when the cocco was dry this time =)

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 12:19AM
More Discussions
Want to get a terrarium lots of questions need suggestions pleas
I want to get a terrarium, I've thought about it for...
yurtle.the.turtle
Where to purchase miniature plant seeds
I have would like to grow my own fairy garden plants...
Linda1684
Browning fern in powder at bottom of terrarium?
Hi guys, The first week (of 3 months of hainvg the...
tiffanylam38
Where to Buy Miniature Oak Leaf Ficus (Ficus Pumila Quercifolia)?
Hello! I've purchased Ficus Pumila Quercifolia (see...
Jeffrey Schneider
Fungus in container
i am trying to grow a terrarium for the first time....
babcia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™