nice site to visit

iliketerrariumsFebruary 2, 2006

hottielover14, go to the following site and you will see pics of many different set ups, it is quite enjoyable, you will see three of my vivs there under the name A.Rosario, they look pretty good but are no longer with us for some reason or another, and also remeber that most of the vivs/terrariums are freshly set up and are misted just before the pictures were taken, I guess were not supposed to know that! Its like my car, it looks brand new....in the dark....after a rain storm. LOL!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hottielover14

what site?..its no showing a site

Bookmark   February 2, 2006 at 10:09PM
iliketerrariums
    Bookmark   February 2, 2006 at 11:35PM
mdahms1979

I have looked through this site many times and some of the vivariums and terrariums are absolutely stunning.

This is one of my favorite small vivariums because it includes one of my favorite ferns, Polypodium polypodioides the resurrection fern growing on the back wall.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   February 3, 2006 at 9:15AM
Cdfortin(GA)

I love those ferns...if I remember correctly don't they have some type of interesting or unique ability or property?

Bookmark   February 3, 2006 at 8:28PM
mdahms1979

In dry conditions they dry out completely and look very dead but when it rains the eventually hydrate and begin to grow again. Someone was nice enough to send me spores of this fern a few years ago but I had no luck germinating them on bark, sphagnum, or tree fern substrates. :(

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   February 4, 2006 at 8:37AM
Cdfortin(GA)

I wonder how one acquires this plant?

Bookmark   February 6, 2006 at 10:30PM
mdahms1979

It grows epiphytically on live oak and other trees throughout most of south Florida and other areas of the south. I don't know much about its northern range but I did find this website with a list of the states it grows in.

Ploypodium also has some other interesting ferns in the US such as Polyopdium glycyrrhiza but they tend to be larger than the resurrection fern.

I have seen this plant offered on Ebay and a few other places so you might want to try a search.

http://www.floridata.com/ref/p/poly_pol.cfm

Here is a link that might be useful: Fern info

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 8:14AM
iliketerrariums

The only guy I found on ebay selling the resurrection fern only offered it as an "extra" if you purchased 2lbs of his spanish moss, when I emailed him to ask about the resurrection fern he had no clue what I was talking about! Then, after I pointed out that it was an alltogether different plant than the spanish moss, he sent me an email telling me that he would charge me $50.00 for a 2lb box of resurrection fern because "it was to hard to get"?

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 3:04PM
mdahms1979

I just found this site but they are currently out of this species. The rest of the site is worth looking at because they have some really nice plants.

This site has it in stock as well as some Platycerium species I wish i could get my hands on. They sell through Ebay.

http://gardengiftsgalore.com/ferns.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Terrarium plants

Bookmark   February 9, 2006 at 8:06AM
More Discussions
Minature Mosses and vines for Terrarium backing
I am in the process of starting a large L5ft, x W15ins...
keithgh
Fungus in container
i am trying to grow a terrarium for the first time....
babcia
small terrarium moss problem
I have a tiny terrarium with only one small Moon valley...
Connecticutian18
Plant I.D.
Hello! I was wondering about the identity of this plant....
Jeffrey Schneider
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™