Where Can I buy These Roses

Rose_NaaDecember 29, 2010

Does anyone know where I can buy Oyster Pearl, Jardin Debagatelle Roses? Thanks in Advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carrie_AZ(9/10 AZ)

Good luck finding Oyster Pearl, I have been looking for that rose for years. My mom has 3 Oyster Pearl tree standards that she purchased at a nursery in Rancho Mirage, Calif. It is a beautiful rose and I would love to have a Hybird tea but, I have had no luck finding one. If you locate some I would appreciate it so much if you could let me know where you found them. I have searched a ton of rose vendors online and Helpmefind.com and came up with nothing.
Good Luck,
Carrie

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 1:14AM
ron_and_susan(z8 GA)

Here's what I found. Hope this helps
Arena Rose Co.'s Catalog 2000 says Oyster Pearl is a beautiful rose that originated in Zimbabwe. Its pale cream-pink petals are dusted with a blush of deep pearl pink that emerges from the center.

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 11:35AM
hartwood

I pulled out the latest edition of the Combined Rose List. Oyster Pearl is only listed in a nursery in India and one in South Africa.

Carrie, if your mom has Oyster Pearl as standards, take cuttings and root a shrub for yourself! I have instructions on my web site for one way to do it that has a good record of success.

Connie

Here is a link that might be useful: click on How To.

Bookmark   December 30, 2010 at 2:01PM
Carrie_AZ(9/10 AZ)

Thanks Connie for that info. I never thought about doing that. I have tried to root some cuttings off of another rose a few years ago and it did not work out but, I think I will try it again. I want this rose so bad that I am willing to try it again.
Thanks for the idea.
Carrie

Bookmark   January 1, 2011 at 11:24PM
More Discussions
Roses "R"
Okey dokey.. I'm getting behind here with the alphabets... Here's...
bethnorcal9
Roses "Q"
Not many in this one... QUAKER STAR QUEEN NEFERTITI QUEEN...
bethnorcal9
Pretty Peach Silk
I don't have many climbers or peachy/ orange roses...
kittymoonbeam
Received my clippings today of Peach Silk!!
I have tried to reply in Judiths original thread about...
Prettypetals_GA_7-8
Roses that need support--ideas
I had some leftover pieces of materials that we are...
kathy9norcal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™