White web looking stuff covering everything

maggierose83March 18, 2007

I planted my 2 vfts and my pitcher plant in a 10 gallon fish tank with glass over the top (left a gap for air) and placed it in my window. when I planted them I put them in with their original soil and added some peat moss aroung it and then put a bunch of rocks in there, now there is white web looking stuff starting to grow all in it, does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iliketerrariums

Go down to,"something strange happening to my new terrarium" same problem with a couple of easy fixes, please read the posting carefully, the answer was literally under your nose! =)

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 8:23AM
maggierose83

theres no bugs and the webbing is on the soil and rocks, and more thin than those pics, but maybe it is a fungus or mold or something, I'll try a lil more air flow

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 7:01AM
iliketerrariums

Yeah, its prob that stringy "other worldly" looking mold/fungus, I had it in one of my set ups and a little stronger circulation took care of it, just watch your humidity =)

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 7:36AM
lucy(6)

When you put it in the window, the sun created too much condensation, so either leave the top off altogether or get it out of the window.

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 6:15AM
More Discussions
My Miniature Terrascape
I started this Terrascape some time back but there...
keithgh
Browning fern in powder at bottom of terrarium?
Hi guys, The first week (of 3 months of hainvg the...
tiffanylam38
Best micro-ferns/mosses for a SMALL closed plant terrarium
Hi, I am new to this hobby but very into it and excited...
momo034
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™