my heirloom seeds arrived

paperartJanuary 23, 2010

I ordered a bunch of seeds last week from Bakers Creek - they are already here! I did the winter sowing thing yesterday with half of them and saved some in case that doesn't work for me. It's my first time at winter sowing and I am excited about this method.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bakers Creek Seeds

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
golfngardennut(8 NW of San Antonio)

Same here - amazed at how quick they got here, but I traded instead of winter sowing. DH said he had never seen anyone get so excited about seeds - well, not THESE kind of seeds ;-) lol

g'nut

Bookmark   January 23, 2010 at 8:18PM
paperart

Well, in January it doesn't take much in the way of gardening to get me excited! Cabin fever big time!

Bookmark   January 23, 2010 at 8:47PM
connietn

Hey Kathy! Have fun! I hope we both have really good luck with this. What plants did you get seeds of? I'm going to go look at the Web site. :)

Bookmark   January 24, 2010 at 9:29AM
paperart

I planted a True Black Brandywine tomato, Some other heirloom tomatos, including a green german that I saved seeds from last year, A green/white scallop squash, yelow squash, grape tomatos and lots of different kinds of peppers. I have zennias that I got from Baker Creek and Jobes tears that I will palnt this week. I also planted salad greens and dill in my big pots on the deck. I may have to put my frost blanket fabric over them if they come up too early.

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 11:06AM
dvtown(6b)

I just made my order today - mostly veggies. Ordered mostly heirlooms to save seeds so I won't have to buy as much in the future!

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 4:32PM
ladybug37091(z7 Tennessee)

Dont forget to plant lettuce. It absolutely loves winter sowing. Rhonda

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 4:45PM
tn_veggie_gardner(7)

paperart: Sound yummy! I am odering a bunch of stuff within the next week or 2 from Jung, but I just couldn't wait & started 5 sets of 5 different varieties of maters this past weekend myself. =)

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 7:54PM
paperart

I did plant lettuce but I went ahead and planted it in open containers on my deck. I do it around this time every year and it does fine. I can cover it if I need to but usually it makes it through the cold and we are eating fresh salad in late February or March. Some of the seeds I planted this year came from peppers and maters that friends shared last summer.

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
plants to give away.
I live in Ringgold, GA near Chattanooga. I have some...
mrlynn
Japanese Beetle traps & Milky Spore?
I think I read a post on one of the rose forums where...
krikit
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
Pollinator habitat
I live in Virginia, but I am installing a pollinator...
Nell
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™