Question on Lights.

jmcat(5)March 11, 2008

I found out this morning that the light over one of my terr.s has burned out. It is an 18" under-cabinet fluorescent light. My question is: What kind of light bulb should I replace it with? It says it was a cool white, and I think the plants in this terr. grew better than the ones in the terr. whose light claimed it was an aquarium/plant light. The plant light was dimmer and purplish, where this one was brighter and looked fairly balanced (to me). So should I replace this one with a cool white, a warm white, or what?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

That has been my experience also. In my 4 foot one I use "daylight white" Works as well if not better than so called "plant lights" Since I have 4 tubes I use two cool and two warm . gary

    Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 7:25AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll probably go with a cool white like was in there, also since I heard that they are generally cheaper than warm whites. And they're certainly cheaper than the "plant/grow lights"!

    Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 6:29PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Plant I.D.
Hello! I was wondering about the identity of this plant....
Jeffrey Schneider
Closed Terrarium Issues.
Hihi everyone, I recently started to build a closed...
Small figurines
Hi everyone. I have gone nuts, after reading a book...
My Miniature Terrascape
I started this Terrascape some time back but there...
Terrarium Books?
Hi, I want to start making terrariums, and I was wondering...
Sponsored Products
SNFLS series 30 Side Emitting LED Flexible Light Strip
Super Bright LEDs
Designers Fountain Gala 86030 Mini Pendant Light - 86030-ARS
$119.50 | Hayneedle
In the Spotlight Floor Lamp in Black
$199.99 | Dot & Bo
Lamps: Belle Satin Steel 82 In. Arc Lamp 4108-22
Home Depot
Osi Brown/ Light Brown Stripe Bamboo Rug (7' x 10')
LED Dendrite Whiteflake - Outdoor Christmas Decorations
$169.50 | FRONTGATE
Lime Rickey Bold Stripe Apothecary Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
CSL Lighting | Silo Down Wall Light
$120.00 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™