bartering

jasonennettFebruary 3, 2011

We, like many, are attempting to become more self sufficient. We grow almost everything we eat, soon to be everything, veggie wise and fruit wise anyway. We also raise chickens for eggs, this spring we will begin raising chickens for meat as well. We are looking for families in the murfreesboro/christiana area that raise honey, cows milk, goat milk, make cheeses, etc. If you know of anyone that might be interested in a barter system, or have any ideas for creating a network of likeminded self-sufficiency leaning folks, please let me know. You can like my facebook page created for this purpose if you wish. I look forward to trading with you and sharing self-sufficient ideas as well. God bless

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Who-needs-grocery-stores-anyway-Of-Middle-Tn/130650443666852

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Did you ever find your rainbarrels? We never heard back from you after your initial rainbarrel post.

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 10:55PM
myrtleoak(z7 TN)

Great to see this movement gaining ground. Even just buying local is much more sustainable.

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 7:42PM
RONNIERICHMOND

Yes I did! Found them at a car wash for 12.00 each. Have them set up and running four piped together. They filled with the last rain and working well.

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
Japanese Beetle traps & Milky Spore?
I think I read a post on one of the rose forums where...
krikit
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
Grading/Leveling recommendations
We're looking to grade and landscape our backyard,...
elsten
Pollinator habitat
I live in Virginia, but I am installing a pollinator...
Nell
Any chicken coop experts?
We have what I thought was a well-built chicken coop....
fraziertoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™