Hey paperart

velsgarden(TN 7)February 8, 2010

I was just looking at your ws blog.It was nice.But I did notice you didnt take your tops off of your bottles.You need to do this so they can get plenty of moisture and good air circulation.And when you have sprouts and the weather gets warmer you want to make sure you still have plenty of condensation inside the bottles.And when I prep my bottles I cut slits on two sides of the 2 liter bottles.Then when we have warm days and cooler nights I make a upside down v out of those slits,and rasise the lid during the day for good air circulation,and push them back down at night until they are ready to have the lids completely taken off.Some people plant out when they get their first true set of leaves,some in Feb.,but I just havent taken that leap of faith yet.Im glad you are trying ws this year and hope you are having fun with it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Seems like no one is around to get their messages anymore.

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 10:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paperart

I have been working so much latly , that i haven't been checking the posts. It's been so cold here that my bottles are frozen. i will take the tops off when it gets a little warmer, they are in the shade too. I'm worried that my non gardner husband will not open bottles when it gets warm and I am at work! He can walk by a plant that is wilted for lack of water and not even notice! LOL! I cut mine in half at the middle so i can just open them when it gets so hot that the tops off are not enough. The slits are a good idea too, i'll try that next time.

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
A couple of palms almost grew in Knoxville
This past year, a new Holiday Inn appeared on Papermill...
anntn6b
Growing Grapes in Tennessee
In hopes of getting some conversation going in our...
brandon7 TN_zone
Spigelia Marilandica??? Anybody?
I got an email from a friend of one of our MTPS-ers...
bigorangevol
Please ID this plant grown in Nashville, TN
Hello folks!, I brought this plant back to LA (Cali)...
lizzieroux
NE Tennessee problems
So I moved from way out in the country to near Downtown...
Chris Cousineau
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™