tropical blueberry in terrarium

IrdmutheJuly 27, 2014

hi- I just bought this plant off Ebay because it's so gorgeous, but read that it can get 6' long!!
but it does say it's a terrarium plant. it looks as though there might be several in the pot, it's possible that I could put one in large standing terrarium I have, and maybe try another one somewhere else that has a good bit of humidity. does anyone have any experience with Sphyrospermum cordifolium, listed as an epiphytic blueberry??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paul_(z5 MI)

I have never done any of the tropical blueberries myself but have known others who have. You are correct that you will need a large terr ... along the lines of a 18"X 18" x 18" or larger if you are thinking long term. Good air circulation will be a must.

As you have discovered, one must take any claims of something being a "terrarium plant" with a bag of salt. Terrs have experienced a resurgence of popularity. As a result everyone is try to cash in on it and there are plenty of plants being touted as "terrarium plants" that either aren't at all, or can be provided one is planning on a large terrarium. Vendors rarely mention such things.

Bookmark   August 2, 2014 at 12:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
Is that the one native to lowland Costa Rrica,epiphytic vine?? Is that a common name or are they really related to BB?? I recently read a Bio survey of the cental high altitudes and there was a mention of "epiphytic Blueberry"
but unknown to science so guess it would not be the same?? . Googled the name and couldn't find much in English You sound like me Impulse buyer lol i often buy a plant THEN try to figure out how I' going to keep it lol
Good luck sounds interesting!!! gary

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 3:21AM
More Discussions
Want to get a terrarium lots of questions need suggestions pleas
I want to get a terrarium, I've thought about it for...
yurtle.the.turtle
overwintering maidenhair fern in cloche
In the late fall I dug up and potted my Maidenhair...
evday
Eggs?
Are these eggs of some sort?
sheryl19633911
Plant I.D.
Hello! I was wondering about the identity of this plant....
Jeffrey Schneider
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
Sponsored Products
Tropical Pineapple Stair Rod Finials
Signature Hardware
Kathy Ireland Gallery Seagrass Wicker Weave Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Grenada Lumbar Pillow
Grandin Road
BioBubble Premium Plus Pet Aquarium
$149.50 | FRONTGATE
Area Rug: Tropic Sun Slate 7' 10" x 9' 10"
Home Depot