White mold on rocks?
I've made a few small closed terrariums, my most recent ones I used some 'river rocks' purchased at Hobby Lobby and I noticed last night that those rocks are growing, what appears to be, white mold. I took some out and washed them with a mild dish soap and put them back in. Was this the right move? Should I be worried? In both terrariums there are some of the same rocks at the very bottom beneath the soil for drainage, I'm worried that this mold is something that's going to kill my plants.
I've included an old post I found that just says to disturb the mold. Does anybody else have any experience.
Thanks for any advice!
(I'm new to the community and super excited about houseplants/terrariums...to a fault even)
Here is a link that might be useful: closed terrariums post from 03