tree frogs

weedpullerSeptember 5, 2003

why did my tree frogs bury them selves? this is the first time they have done this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paul_(z5 MI)

Might want to do some research if you haven't already done so to first ID your tree frogs and then learn about their habits. Are these wild/local tree frogs as opposed to those sold commercially? My knee-jerk response would be that perhaps -- if their wild locals -- they are getting into hibernation mode. At least here in MI Fall is fast approaching and we've been having quite a few chilly nights. You might find some answers at the forums on kingsnake.com

: )

Here is a link that might be useful: kingsnake

Bookmark   September 6, 2003 at 11:27AM
Austin_V_V

I have recently caught a local wild green tree frog. And I have also noticed that fall is coming. But I caught mine on a 55 degree night so mabey some species hibernate but some don't

Bookmark   October 11, 2003 at 10:58PM
jordan_and_slippy(NW USA)

I know that my two White's tree frogs sometimes like to nestle into the dirt/substrate, though because there's gravel in my tank they prefer a small rock tunnel. Maybe there's too much light, and their just hiding out until "night" (lights off). Check awhile after you've turned the lights off...do they come out then?

Bookmark   September 12, 2004 at 5:07PM
macropora(z5 ME)

Tree frogs need a good deal of humidity, it is very common for them to bury themselves if the tank becomes to dry. You may have a bowl of water or another wet area but if the air is dry they will seek out the moist spots.

Bookmark   September 20, 2004 at 2:21PM
More Discussions
Where to Buy Miniature Oak Leaf Ficus (Ficus Pumila Quercifolia)?
Hello! I've purchased Ficus Pumila Quercifolia (see...
Jeffrey Schneider
Starting a Terrascape 5ft now.
I have just commenced a 5ft Terrascape, its been in...
keithgh
Small ferns
I'm thinking about starting a terrarium in an old 10...
queenb
Self-contained, Closed System Vivariums
This is my first posting; apologies if I've overlooked...
Rainbird_WI
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™