Beans wilting- Help

vicky4x4(NY 5)June 11, 2005

Hi all, despite all the watering I give my garden my bean leaves are turning tan and wilting. Any ideas what I'm dealing with here. Should I pull (choke, sob) the plants that are affected? I was wondering if this could have come from my little boy watering them in the hot sun? If I could figure out how to post a picture I would send a picture but I just can't "get it."

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ray_Scheel(z8b/SS31 E. TX)

Lets figure this out:
What is your watering schedule?
How dry does the soil get before you water again?
What kind of beans?

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 11:05AM
vicky4x4(NY 5)

These are bush green beans. I don't really have a schedule right now because it is HOT HOT HOT here right now and we have had thunder storms every night for a week. Normally I would water every other day or everyday if need be.

Now that more leaves are coming out the plants seem to have recovered so I really think they got watered when the hot sun was out.
I'm not to sure if this Mel's Mix is the best thing for the garden as it seems to dry out fast (inless it storms every night for a week) I think I may need more compost in my mix. Any thoughts on it?

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 11:37AM
Ray_Scheel(z8b/SS31 E. TX)

Lots of us do run with higher compost percentages. If this is a new bed, experience indicates issues keeping it watered in the first growing season - things have to settle in. Since they are recovering I'd go with your gut instinct and wait and see.

Bookmark   June 15, 2005 at 2:19PM
More Discussions
Onion spacing- 16/sq ft vs. Dixondale recommendation
Dixondale farms suggests 4" between onions, and...
mmqchdygg
Skinny yam harvest
Hi everyone, If anyone can share some wisdom about...
ashita
staining wood for raised beds.
I'm wanting to build a raised bed and first went out...
johnmcd348
Vermiculite Source List - Throughout USA
I had a hard time finding vermiculite, so I have compiled...
angela12345
Looking for bloggers
I am looking for folk interested in writing about square...
Andrew_Green
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™