Memphis bulk top soil

buffaloriverMarch 14, 2008

I am new here. Can anybody in Memphis recommend a place for me to buy bulk topsoil or mulch? Close to Gtown or Collierville will be even better. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
propofol

Check out the place next to Shelby farms. Also, there's another place south of town if I can remember it I'll let you know

propofol

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 9:13PM
amazindirt(7A mid-TN)

May I say -- LOL at your user ID, propofol. You must be an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist. LOL!

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 11:23PM
ronnywil(7a)

The place at Shelby Farms is called Mulch Works. I bought a couple of truck loads of their "Pro-Mix" garden soil. It worked well for me. You can get it with or without sand.

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 9:31PM
tndandelion(7b Memphis)

I may check out hte Mulch Works suggestion. Thanks, Ronny! Another place I've used with pretty good results is Nature's Earth. I haven't been out to look at what they have lately, though.

Bookmark   March 16, 2008 at 12:15AM
bluebetty(7)

we live in Olive branch and we bought a big truck load for a good price (I'll have to ask the Dh how much....but we are buying more this year)from a place out here. It's a place around goodman and hacks cross. Let me know if you are interested. BTW, they do deliver

Bookmark   March 16, 2008 at 2:38AM
buffaloriver

Guys, thank you all, I will check those two places. Really appreciate it

Bookmark   March 16, 2008 at 11:55PM
buffaloriver

Hi, bluebetty, could you give me the contact info for the company you mentioned above, and plz ask the DH how much he paid. :-)

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 12:28AM
mercurybutterfly(7)

I'm interested in topsoil as well - midtown memphis here... anywhere close that can deliver a small truckload? I don't need tons, but more than bags at a local garden center...

I want to do container gardens and flower beds and 2 small ornamental trees and one shrub size Filbert.

=)

Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
groundcovers in SW Tennessee
I had lots of Lamium, creeping Thyme, mints in Illinois...
ryseryse_2004
New to Knoxville
I'm new to Knoxville TN and new to gardening in general....
freshvegetables
Amaryllis in Tennessee
Can Amaryllis stay in the ground near Nashville TN?...
ryseryse_2004
Thin Tall Evergreen?
Hi all, I'm a new gardener living in TN. I'm looking...
linkjg
mtps
Don't miss The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap this Saturday!!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/64785223352/ http://www.midtnplantswap.com/...
bigorangevol
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™